PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Bishop - Animation Session 10 - Dialogue 3

FloydBishop
09-24-2004, 11:01 PM
I plan on doing some crotch pointing... is that OK?

Remi
09-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Yaaaaayyyy....crotch pointing:) Good to see you on this one Floyd:)

SheepFactory
09-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Hey nice to see you in Floyd.

yea you can point on to anything you want :)

FloydBishop
09-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Ha ha. Ok. Great. I'm planning on the crotch being the "boom stick".

I hope to use the Generi Rig thing I've seen so much of. I haven't had the chance to play around with him too much, and this will give me the perfect opportunity.

I'm pretty busy in the next few weeks, including a vacation and then starting to teach some classes at Platt here in San Diego (El Cajon actually), but I hope to give this a decent shot.

FloydBishop
09-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Here's the character I plan on using:

http://andrewsilke.com/generi_rig/images/generi_v1.1_small.jpg

http://andrewsilke.com/generi_rig/generi_rig.html

Hopefully I can do as nice a job as I've seen done with him in the past. It looks like a really fun character and rig.

FloydBishop
09-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Ok... here's a first pass at the animation.

I tend to work straight ahead on such a short clip. I did some thumbnails to plan out the key poses before I hit the computer. If I can get a chance to scan those in, would anyone be interested in seeing them?

Anyhow, here's the first pass clip:

http://www.bishopanimation.com/movies/Challenges/first_pass.avi

I only have half of it worked out, and that's very temp as well. I have never used this particular rig before, and I was anxious to try out the facial stuff, so I went ahead and gave that a pass as well (mouth only, no eyes at this point).

Let me know what you think.

Remi
09-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Nicely done so far Floyd....something seems odd to me when he's walking forward though. Nice lip sync. Look forward to seeing more:)

FloydBishop
09-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, there is still much weirdness throughout the clip. The walk forward is not final by any means. I'm trying to get it so that his hips kind of walk out from under him, making him walk forward while leading with his crotch.

The arms are rough as well, and there are a few stepped keys in there, adding to the oddness factor.

I'll try and block in the rest of the clip soon and then go back into everything.

Suricate
09-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Uuh, that's shocking ! :eek: Great idea, man !

It's already looking quite good, though it's somewhat stiff.

Looking forward to the next version !

mimo8
09-29-2004, 01:14 PM
allready your prepass made me laugh --- great idea --- hope it doesnt colide with the cg-talk rules :deal: --- joking

oshiroii
09-29-2004, 04:17 PM
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA :D nice concept :D

marthe2k3
10-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Hilarious !
Can't wait to see more ;-)

bentllama
10-07-2004, 09:44 AM
I like the name of your playblast camera...clever Floyd strikes again. :)

mattmos
10-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Nice so far Floyd, pretty polished for a first pass!

I'm thinking maybe the voice clip calls for something more dramatic when he says 'boomstick' - especially with the crowd reaction at the end, like he should do a fast turn around or a more aggressive move towards camera to emphasise it...

FloydBishop
10-07-2004, 05:43 PM
bent: You like that, huh? Kind of a watermark I guess :)

mattmos: Yeah, I'm not done yet with the blocking. I'm planning on having him jump and spin, thrusting his crotch area at the camera on "Boomstick!"

I've been swampped lately, and I'm leaving in about an hour (I should be packing right now, not typing on CG Talk) for a much needed week long vacation.

I hope to finish this when I get back. Until then, I'm afraid the anim will be horribly neglected.

mattmos
10-08-2004, 09:53 AM
ooo you're such a tease floyd! Looking forward to the finished item :)

FloydBishop
10-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Hey everyone,

With my vacation, then bad cold, and then crazy work hours, I didn't get a chance to finish my entry. I've also been trying to get my short going and the animation class I'm teaching starts Monday, and I had to prepare for that as well.

Sorry for the non finish and all the excuses.

bentllama
10-24-2004, 05:18 AM
life happens.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.