View Full Version : Concept - Scene: "Stealing Mileage" Kelsey Winterkorn

hh_kiki
09-24-2004, 09:20 PM
edit: hopefully the image got hosted and this will work

http://img8.exs.cx/img8/2046/StealingMilagesm.jpg

"Stealing Mileage"
Photoshop and mouse: about 8 hours
By me: Kelsey Winterkorn

This is a concept sketch inspired by the post-nuclear RPG Fallout Series (Interplay), my favorite game of all time. This warrior has snagged a passing train in order to cross the desolate wastes.

I used a reference for the train because I am not familiar with train parts, so I wanted to see what it really looked like. Please let me know if it looks accurate.

I'm not sure if I captured any sense of speed, please let me know whether you see that also.

I like how the guns came out, but I think the warrior himself is too blurry.

I am new to digital art, so all your critiques and comments are very appreciated!

TomD
09-25-2004, 05:05 PM
hmm, you wont get alot of responses. you linked your images to a password protected site :scream:

hh_kiki
09-26-2004, 03:57 AM
hmmm, I can't post attachments yet, and my free webhosting went down recently... anyone willing to host 200kb or so for me?

hh_kiki
10-09-2004, 06:22 PM
hopefully the image got hosted and this will work

Goon
10-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Hmmm...this looks like it used to be a photo of a train, with a few photoshop filters applied, and then some details added.
You are painting with a mouse, so that has to be rather difficult, but at the same time there is an inconsistancy of detail. You have the graffiti logo and the guy's ak with sharp focused detail, and a blurry splotchy style of painting for the rest of it.
Possibly you did paint this, and if you did, I would encourage you to further develop your style, preferrably in a direction away from something that looks like a photoshop filter.
And possibly you painted a few details in over a filtered photo, in which case, I would suggest working on your own material until you are satisfied with its quality, instead of ripping off other's.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.