PDA

View Full Version : unable to delete a model in xsi

avmics
09-24-2004, 08:16 PM
The model is not deleteable. I select then either right click and select delete or use the delete key on the keyboard, nothing happens, other models are deleteable.

Atyss
09-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Few things you can try:

- Branch-select it and try to delete.
- Export the scene to dotXSI, reimport, try to delete.
- Merge scene into another scene, and try to delete model.

Cheers
Bernard

foxco
09-24-2004, 09:53 PM
i am interested if anyone knows about this issue as well, it seems that in xsi 4 there are many issues that can not alow you to delet objects for unknown reasons. for eg. my buddy had an object named "helmet" and he counldt delete it, move it to be a child or make it a parent. couldnt add any materials.. Nothing worked.. later we changed its name to junk and ignored it and made another "helmet" and now nothing would happen tothis new helmet! !! It was the NAME.. IF he named anything helmet it became unusable untill you changed the name!!

inaddition ive also had models that i found couldnt be removed for no particular reason.. xsi would just show an error in the command log

Fox

boxorcist
09-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Have similar problem with deleting bones and sometimes null objects. Select and delete via the keyboard, edit menu, r.click and nothing happens.

Found no reason or solution, but it is v. irritating at times. Sorry!

jaredL
09-25-2004, 12:52 PM
As far as I know, if the object is the parent it can't be deleted. You have to cut the parenting first. Still exploring......

optical op
09-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Have same problem with deleting parented objects like bones. Seen some tutorials where the guy simply deletes these objects like anything else.

Must be some kinda bug with certain installations

Atyss
09-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Perhaps you are trying to delete locked objects?

j3st3r
09-25-2004, 04:37 PM
You can`t delete a model, if it has children. Branch-select it with middle click, or cut the relation of the child objects, and then try to delete.

Locking is a possibility, but it`s hard to lock something accidentaly in XSI

optical op
09-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Yes, thanks for the tip - if I middle click the root of a bone to select, there is no problem then deleting it. I would assume then this is the same for other hierachical chains.

You keep me sane guys,

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.