PDA

View Full Version : PA challenge - Vehicle - rsmith3d

rsmith3d
02-05-2002, 01:16 PM
http://www.auction.2y.net/user/rsmith3d/VWblimp_01.jpg

I've been thinking about blimps recently, as the Goodyear is always in the sky where I work. I want to do a post apocolyptic scene that isn't so depressing. I figure after the apocolypse, you can just chill. And what better way to do that than in an upside-down VW bug shell refurbished into a one man blimp?
Forward momentum comes from a boiler-powered steam jet in the back, stearing by a rudder that directs the steam. Seating for one provided by a somewhat ratty lazy-boy recliner. Supplies are kept cool in the lower compartments.
This jaunty ride glides about 8 feet above the ground, just high enough to avoid the ravenous packs of giant flightless birds who are so common nowadays.
Comments and critiques requested.

Richard Smith

parallax
02-05-2002, 03:51 PM
very nice concept. i like the stylised look
did you use watercolours?

fellah
02-05-2002, 05:03 PM
wow, I love this concept, great idea!

jimpajammer
02-05-2002, 05:40 PM
the coolest vehicle concept yet!!

nice idea and sketch!!

Black Mariah
02-05-2002, 07:50 PM
/me thinks he's going to get his ass kicked. Best concept so far. Although I'd prefer it if you used a Honda or something. Who'd miss one of those? ;)

rendermonkey23
02-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by parallax
very nice concept. i like the stylised look
did you use watercolours?

Looks like good ol' Prismacolors..... cool grey :)

right? :)

NowInc
02-05-2002, 11:29 PM
Very original...I like it...

I was going to do a blimp object for this contest, but after seeing yours and someone elses "concepts", i know I wouldn't be able to compete..so time to open up the ol' sketch book and do more brainstorming (By the way...thtas a compliment ;) )

rsmith3d
02-05-2002, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the comments. Actually, it was done with indian ink and a smallish brush, on regular drawing paper. This technique is pretty new to me, but I think I will keep at it. It forces you to not get bogged down in details, which means that you don't settle on the first concept you do, just because you put so much work into it.

Richard Smith

sherban
02-05-2002, 11:34 PM
one good thing about living after the apocalypse is that the bug's engine is once more in the back - where it should have always been.

who knows, maybe that's what started the apocalypse?

parallax
02-06-2002, 01:10 AM
damn, i find that extremely hard, using indian ink.
i only get two values with it all black, and all white :(

Joshua A. Winn
02-06-2002, 01:33 AM
Great idea :) Looks cool..can't wait to see what you do with it.

Slot
02-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Excelent idea. Are you going to model it?

This pic reminds me that balloon on "the mummy 2".

Keep up the good work.

pearson
02-17-2002, 02:21 PM
This is too funny!! Love it! Hope to see it 3D.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.