PDA

View Full Version : XSI-like navigation

ChristianFischer
09-24-2004, 08:55 AM
hi.

does anyone know in which script the code for the maya-like navigation is?
maybe it is possible to edit the code so that the navigation behaves like in xsi!?

cheers chris

SheepFactory
09-24-2004, 03:48 PM
I'd like to know this also?

markbrown
09-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately you can't change this at the moment, I'd like it myself as well. More complete mouse mapping is something for a later version.

KolbyJukes
09-24-2004, 08:23 PM
darn! guess I'll just stick with XSI then.

CB_3D
09-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Still not a user, but since IŽll probably be one soon :) i thought it to be a good idea to give some input now.Probably this can already be done, but just to make sure!

I really depend a lot on these simple popups in LW to work lighting fast with my Wacom! SHIFT+CTRL+Click or Rightclick brings up these menus. Can it be done exactly as in LW?

rob baldwin
09-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Yup

you can make popover menus with any of modo's commands. Pie menus are pretty spiffy as well, and I think they're even faster.

-rob

Still not a user, but since IŽll probably be one soon :) i thought it to be a good idea to give some input now.Probably this can already be done, but just to make sure!

I really depend a lot on these simple popups in LW to work lighting fast with my Wacom! SHIFT+CTRL+Click or Rightclick brings up these menus. Can it be done exactly as in LW?

shade
09-28-2004, 05:25 PM
Umm, I have now tried for a while to make shift-control-lbm/rmb/mmb to open piemenu or popover, but I havent succeeded in that? So perhaps you could shed some light in to the darkness and tell us how you do that?

rob baldwin
09-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Looks like you're right Shade, you can't assign them to LMB and RMB, but - do you really need to?

I know, I know, you might really want to - and I agree that they should be mappable - but in the mean time, you can just as easily map any pie menu or popover to a key command. You're already goig to hold down ctrl-shift, so why not just do ctrl-E or ctrl-R or ctrl-T?

All three of those are free, and not too hard to reach with your pinky on the ctrl key... =)

-rob

Umm, I have now tried for a while to make shift-control-lbm/rmb/mmb to open piemenu or popover, but I havent succeeded in that? So perhaps you could shed some light in to the darkness and tell us how you do that?

shade
09-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I really dont need them, its just how Im used to do things :) It would be nice, but I'm sure I can learn something different.. I think Ill give it a though and try to make a better one.. :) Altho Ill be waiting for a update so I those mouse buttons also can be "mapped"...

onlooker
09-29-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of the chosen key combinations for the PIE (marking menus), or any of the pop up menus for that matter. But they do work fine for now.
I starting going through the 400+ page PDF last night, and I'll be re-mapping mine to something similar to the way I have mine set up in Maya. It should make for a very fluid transitions between the applications.
They are customizable which will make it effortless to the user once they set it up to their liking.
As with all things once your done playing around with your new toy read the PDF manual. Almost every question I've seen in here can be answered in the Manual. You'll thank your self later.
Every page I turn in that PDF I find something great about the application that I wasn't totally aware of. Which is just one more reason you should read the manual. There is something in there for everyone. That reminds me. I should get back to it.

Peace.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.