PDA

View Full Version : Independent Transform of POlygon Islands...

RuiFeliciano
09-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Is it possible?

I have a bunch of nails around a piece of wood that I merged into a single object because I did not want to deal with an ad infinitum list of objects in Explorer. Now the deal is that I want to scale each of them individually around their own COG. I could only find an option to deal with Individual component selection (in this case EACH polygon) instead of each polygon island (each nail). Is there an option do acomplish this? Thx!

Ablefish
09-24-2004, 05:58 PM
If you're in Local mode, and don't have COG mode or "Tranform Components independantly in local mode", each connected cluster of components will transform around its own local cog.

Many times this is very handy when poly modeling and you want to extrude and then transform the new faces locally. In this case be careful though, because it's very easy for local centers to be unpredictable in terms of orientation.

If you're scaling uniformly, this shouldn't be an issue though.

RuiFeliciano
09-24-2004, 11:13 PM
It works, thx!
The trick is that I had to be in polygon mode

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.