PDA

View Full Version : what do you like most?

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 06:39 AM
let us know what is(are) your favorite feature(s) in modo that other apps may have or not so far,

joo
09-24-2004, 06:53 AM
:)
I only use LightWave for my work, so the favorite features for me are the N-gons and the cool egde tools. I'm still playing around with this new tool, so it has alot for me to discover.

Cheers..

Ariel
09-24-2004, 07:50 AM
I'm really happy with the'Smooth Drag' tool.. so far haven't seen it anywhere else (xcept for maybe LW's magnet/dragnet). The very cool thing about the tool is that you don't need a selection to use it and works inside as well as outside a model. It almost makes the element tool 'obsolete' for most of the point editing.

my only complaint is that when in symmetry mode it only works correctly on one side of the model. On the other side it works inverted. (any ideas on how to make it work correctly with symmetry?)

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 08:06 AM
working on wrong side is a bug reported , hopefully it will be fixed, i know that is really annoying

Sbowling
09-24-2004, 12:58 PM
I think that more than any one feature it's the way the program was put together that makes it so great. I mean you can find a lot of these features in other programs, but they are not as easy to use or so well though out as they are in Modo. Oh, one thing I absolutely love is that I don't have to click in the blank menu areas to deselect points/polys like in LW. I can actually click in the blank areas of the views to deselct them. Also, working with edges is really cool.

JacquesD
09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
I've been very busy working on projects lately but from what I tested so far... edge weighting is really great... it allows you to make accurate mesh without having to use a lot of polygons!

I'm sure that's only the beginning... I really see a lot of potential in these new tools.

Cheers,

The ripper.

CoolDuck
09-24-2004, 09:18 PM
I like the customizability the most, being albe to map the mouse and even the cam rotation style to Maya. This shows they think about people of other software too. More programs should follow modo's example.
I also like the sleek interface and the beautiful icons. :love:
Workflow wise I still have to get used to it, mapping keyboard shortcuts etc.

CB_3D
09-24-2004, 10:02 PM
1. making love

2. eating pizza

3. long walks on the beach

4. a good movie

(hey, specify Your threadfs better next time :) )

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 10:10 PM
well how about this

" CGTalk (index.php?) > Application Specific Forums (forumdisplay.php?f=4) > Modo (forumdisplay.php?f=141) > what do you like most? (showthread.php?p=1599613#post1599613)"

btw pizza can make you fat and that is not healthy , hopefully long walks on the beach can thin you down :)

1. making love

2. eating pizza

3. long walks on the beach

4. a good movie

(hey, specify Your threadfs better next time :) )

MunCHeR
09-24-2004, 10:45 PM
err I think the first option conteracts the pizza making you fat, lemme do some research
..... brb :buttrock:

MunCH

CB_3D
09-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Lol, Munch, love your sig. Errr....back to modeler (for now... :) )

CB_3D
09-24-2004, 11:12 PM
...but i hate your avatar. ok ok, imm bored and in no mood to work, thats when i go all OT on the net. ill shut up now :scream:

MunCHeR
09-25-2004, 06:08 AM
You dont like my avatar! :shrug: Thats what I look like after a pizza and a #1 :D, its a miracle I'm conscious most of the time hehe

MunCH

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.