PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Mechanic Set

nahcnavi
09-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Hi, this is my new environment...used XSI 4.0...and poly modelling...hope will hear some crits and will help me to improve ...Thank you so much.
http://www.vfs.com/~3d47ivan/mechanic002.jpg
http://www.vfs.com/~3d47ivan/mechanic003.jpg

Dead_Last
09-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Is this based off of one of Feng Zhu's concepts? It resembles one of them IMO. I like the scene, especially the lighting that you used. My only comment is I think the railings would look better if they were smaller and/or had bevelled edges.

gasmask
09-24-2004, 08:23 PM
give credit to the person who desinged what ur modeling, on this i would redo the textures and unwrap better.

Deathcricket
09-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Not bad. With the exception of the floor in the very center and the yellow and black caution stickers, all the textures need a bit of work. They do not feel mapped properly. Or maybe the GI settings are too low? I don't use XSI, so not sure how to specifially address that.

The circular curb in the center could use some more iterations, looks a bit blocky. Not too noticable in the second pic but in the first at about 3:00 it sticks right out. A nice bevel there would do wonders I think.

The 2nd "arm" has 3 fingers, I see that. How about not putting the cylinders on the end? I'm thinking a smooth tip for some reason might look better. Like those arcade games where you have the hand that reaches down into the stuffed animals and picks it up? It works on the 2 fingered one because you could be picking up a huge vat and that would help hold it though.

Also just a small thing, but are the "fingers" each have those 3 cylinders on them. Are those different segments to allow for extra rotation or do they stay bent when opening? If they are supposed to open independant, just put a little pin in the middle to allow for rotation. If the finger are a solid piece of metal that does not "straighten out", disregard.

I do like the "feel" of the image. Very industrial! But still cant quite figure out what those arms would pick up perhaps a couple containers that have been moved would help your image?

Keep up the good work man!

-Deathcricket-

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.