PDA

View Full Version : How to scroll in/out using the mouse scroll wheel?

adityamatharu
09-24-2004, 06:02 AM
Hey guys this has been really bothering me. Im a maya user and though the alt+LMB+MMB work well to zoom in/out in the modo viewport but im rather used to using the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in/out. I can do this in maya but cant do it in modo.

Please help

Renderman_XSI
09-24-2004, 06:14 AM
As far as i know you can not create your own navigation in Modo 1.0. Personally i really dislike using either default or Maya navigations, its slowing my workflow down(because its not comfortable). It'd be nice if i could create a Mirai navigation, with the option to invert the mouse movement(pan,rotate,zoom) to match MIrai navigation :)

nuclearfessel
09-24-2004, 06:22 AM
As far as i know you can not create your own navigation in Modo 1.0. Personally i really dislike using either default or Maya navigations, its slowing my workflow down(because its not comfortable). It'd be nice if i could create a Mirai navigation, with the option to invert the mouse movement(pan,rotate,zoom) to match MIrai navigation :)
i am so with you on this.. my roommate turned me on to Wings3d and i love how being able to navigate the viewports using just my mouse :)

adityamatharu
09-24-2004, 09:44 AM
you may be right but I have become so used to this kind of navigation that I dont even have to think what to press to zoom in or pan and stuff like that (a bit like playing mortal combat 3 on the megadrive, when I dont have to think what to press to make liu kang do the flying kick). That allows me to focus on my modeling rather than to worry about the navigation bit.

So does that mean my problem cant be helped??:sad:

nuclearfessel
09-24-2004, 09:56 AM
you may be right but I have become so used to this kind of navigation that I dont even have to think what to press to zoom in or pan and stuff like that (a bit like playing mortal combat 3 on the megadrive, when I dont have to think what to press to make liu kang do the flying kick). That allows me to focus on my modeling rather than to worry about the navigation bit.

So does that mean my problem cant be helped??:sad:
well good thing is Luxology is listening to all we are saying here. Brad, Dion, Eric, Joe, Dave and others are constantly on this board and watching and reading what the users want...

so while it may not be currently in the app, keep on the lookout for updates and patches and your problem might get solved :)

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 07:34 PM
i personally think that it is possible, because that kind of stuff done through mapping, we just need to find where the mapping config is located and ways to edit it and create new ones

nuclearfessel
09-24-2004, 07:38 PM
i personally think that it is possible, because that kind of stuff done through mapping, we just need to find where the mapping config is located and ways to edit it and create new ones
if its in there, find it please and let everybody else know how it works.

i don't have modo yet but when i talked to Brad he told me that modo currently didn't have mouse remapping but that might follow in a later rev...

brad?

fastfingersneal
09-25-2004, 08:35 AM
If you have a wacom tablet you can configure the mouse to use the scroll wheel to zoom in/out by changing the finger wheel wheel function to keystrokes and inputing the zoom in/out keystrokes for modo.

phlacin
04-13-2005, 02:44 AM
anyone get any info on how to make this possible?

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2005, 02:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.