PDA

View Full Version : Josh Cooper - Animation Session 10 - Dialog 1

jCoops
09-24-2004, 03:51 AM
Been meaning to enter a session for a while, so here goes. Good luck to all.

jCoops
10-07-2004, 05:34 AM
Heres what i have so far. I know the running at the camera thing is a bit cheesy, but i'll think of something better later. I'm trying to go for more subtle animation rather than the extreme pose over acting type stuff. Would like to get some feed back on how i can tighten it up and make it look a little more professional. Cheers.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/marvin8/now_i_swear.mov

Anim_Changes
10-08-2004, 04:22 AM
This is looking good. He makes some very angry/bemused faces. Here's my nit-pics, and they are nit-pics as it seems you got a good handle on it so far. : )

"swear,..", the upperbody is nice but having the left foot shift while his wieght is leaning on it is alittle unrealistic.

"Next one,..", Head turn looks alittle too fast. The finger point can prolly be a few frames faster and slightly ramp into position. should prolly hit on the word "next" as well. Not sure if the right foot shifting here is necessary either.

:Primates,." Head fast here too and can prolly be settling on the word, "primates" instead of stopping before he starts it. I'd hold the point out longer, it seems alittle slow/linear floating back.

"Even,.." this parts nice. I especially like the slight pause in his right hand just before the word, "even"

'nuff said,..
peace
-TT

Remi
10-08-2004, 03:01 PM
I agree with anim....there's some parts in there that aren't working...the foot shifts can be eliminated...I do like the poses...the head movements can be toned down a bit...and don't forget to move those feet when he's coming towards the camera....good work man...keep going:)

jCoops
10-18-2004, 07:18 AM
well heres an update. thanks anim_changes and remi, some good crits and the changes i have made are hopefully inline with your comments. still not totally satisfied with it but its kinda got to the stage where i just cant see for looking at ways to improve it.

http://www.homepages.paradise.net.nz/marvin8/now_i_swear02.mov

cheers

3D Swede
10-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi!

Nice anim so far.
The only minor crits I have at the moment is the following:

When lowering his right hand after "swear..", the movement is pretty fast and the hand comes to a rest quite directly (I like the part when he lowers his hand after saying "touches me.." much better).
And then when he says "the next one.." and rotates his hip, the hand seems to move along with a little bit of fk-feeling.

When he says "even.." and puts his foot down, feels a little unnatural (not the movement itself, just the fact that he moves his foot at that particular moment).

Btw, this is my personal opinions and I might be wrong.

/3D Swede

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.