PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand, new Painter but same prob

smoothoperator
09-24-2004, 01:57 AM
I want my color info to STAY in HSV. IN HSV! like I selected MANY TIMES AND...AND the paper to STAY at the previous chosen variant!
What the h--- is so hard about this? Surely people like Ryan Church from working in the film biz works in HSV mode.
And what is up with the demented hand as an icon? Ok the guy is some renowned artist, but must we see this mutated hand every time we start Painter?

You know just forget it...ill use a ripped version until it gets changed. !@$#

+smooth+

Per-Anders
09-24-2004, 02:24 AM
sorry, but wtf are you talking about? perhaps a bit of coherancy might help, right now it just sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. it's also not clever to post on a forum that you're going to be using warez software, especially when the makers frequent the forum and your ip is logged.

smoothoperator
09-24-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm not an idiot. I know Corel people are on here..I'm kidding about using a warez Painter besides I don't use it on this pc...I'm just frustrated at having the same problem not being changed in ver9. It's a cry for help.
I set the color info to be HSV. So when I want to adjust the color. its in HSV. When I re-open the program it's back to RGB. Why not keep the settings as it was when I last saved. Also the paper changes back to a default when I wanted it to stay at a version I made for that particular project. Thats all.

kraal
09-25-2004, 11:04 PM
basically i think a lot of things that dont get changed are just a matter of not really being that important. Sure it may be something people want however there are a lot of other things to change. I'd rather have performance improvement 'NEW' features added. Not just short cuts and such added cause people are slowly becoming too lazy to take the time out to press a few butons

scottsch
09-26-2004, 04:51 PM
basically i think a lot of things that dont get changed are just a matter of not really being that important. Sure it may be something people want however there are a lot of other things to change. I'd rather have performance improvement 'NEW' features added. Not just short cuts and such added cause people are slowly becoming too lazy to take the time out to press a few butons
Most programs save all users applied changes on exit, and upon reopening, everything will be as the user left it.

I am thinking of Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya. Each of these programs retains user settings, and it is the characteristic of a professional program to do so.

In other words, it's not too much to ask for an app to save all settings prior on exit. If Painter doesn't do this, then that's a big problem, since every other decent application does it. It's not about being lazy. What if a program didn't allow you to save your palette positions? People would scream at that and rightly so, since it reduces productivity.

smoothoperator
09-26-2004, 05:28 PM
thank you.
I feel like getting a team of programmers together to develop a competing paint application. Imagine having photoshop and painter plus other tools found in Matador and Illusion in one package.
How many people do you think would be interested in such a product?
You know sometimes it helps to have competition in the marketplace to get the product to mature like you want it to. Otherwise the attitude is..hey theres no other product like this..so its good enough.
Don't get me wrong, Painter is a great product and the upgrade seems faster not to mention the other changes but cmon...some features that remained the same just don't make sense.

+smooth+

kraal
09-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Most programs save all users applied changes on exit, and upon reopening, everything will be as the user left it.

I am thinking of Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya. Each of these programs retains user settings, and it is the characteristic of a professional program to do so.

In other words, it's not too much to ask for an app to save all settings prior on exit. If Painter doesn't do this, then that's a big problem, since every other decent application does it. It's not about being lazy. What if a program didn't allow you to save your palette positions? People would scream at that and rightly so, since it reduces productivity.
to be honest i move pallets around in all programs as i draw.... but when i start the program even if it keeps my last settings i set to default...... ok and if moving pallets cuts that much into your productivity time i am just unaware of the situation that you are refering to.
kraal

dg
09-27-2004, 08:26 AM
My palettes in Painter remains in the same place with the same settings as I left them in the last time used.

It doesn't work that way for you?

See ya,

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.