PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Extrude question

sketchguy
09-24-2004, 01:49 AM
I have a three part question:

1) Is it possible to have falloff/taper when using Sketch Extrude?
2) Can multiple selected polygons be Sketch Extruded all at once?
3) Can Sketch Extrude be set to follow the selected polys normal? (Instead of screen space or the arbitrary axis)

Sketch Extrude is a powerful tool, and this extra functionality would make it extra powerful!

-Steve

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 02:05 AM
yes
(when i wanted to submit my answer, it said my message was too short, that is why i am adding this line here :)

sketchguy
09-24-2004, 02:12 AM
yes
(when i wanted to submit my answer, it said my message was too short, that is why i am adding this line here :)

Hold on... Yes, all three are possible? Or yes, you agree that this tool needs this added functionality?

I just checked the reference docs and there's no mention of anything extra. :cry:

-Steve

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 02:24 AM
you can scale and spin it
multiple selection is possible, but you need to sketch every selection one by one, when you enable tool, you will see a dot appears in the middle of it, you just drag that dot
it does follow your splines direction, but modod has great feature called action center, you will get different results with different action centers, in this case spline can follow selection normal, i just tested it, possibly that is what you are looking for

StephanD
09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Let me get this straight.(I don't have modo)

You can select polys,go in Sketch Extrude mode to get those said 'points' and pull them to extrude?

Sounds faster than Zspheres if that's the case.

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 07:18 PM
yes you can, but every polygon will have their own dots, so you need to pull them seperatly, but if you want to extrude whole bunch at once, you need to delete the edges that connects all, so you will ended up hhaving one poly, quite neat, and works good

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.