PDA

View Full Version : Half my model is sub d, half polygon.

Levitateme
09-24-2004, 12:00 AM
half of my model was hidden, and then i set it to sub d to start working. Modo crashed because i have nvidia buggy drivers, luckily auto save is on. i didn't lose anything, but that chunk of my model was still in sub d, the other half was poly. anyone know how i fix?

bradpeebler
09-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Actually others may happen across the same issue so maybe we should answer the question even though you already did so others can learn. :)

You can use the Info/Statistics Viewport to select polygons by Type. If you have SubD, SubPatches, or polys combined in your model you can click on the + sign located to the left of the polygon type in the Statistics viewport. Very handy!

BP

Levitateme
09-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Thanks brad, ok ill do that from now on.

ambient-whisper
09-24-2004, 03:44 AM
i still think you should turn on vertex arrays even though lux says not to., exit app. load it, and keep em on.

solved all my modo problems/crashes on my gf fx5600, and made the app like over 10x faster :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.