PDA

View Full Version : animation: side steppin' 94kb

Andy741
09-23-2004, 09:22 PM
A side stepping animation I did to try out some more methodical whip like action:

www.trianglenet.net/~aumann/sstep.mpg (http://www.trianglenet.net/~aumann/sstep.mpg)

oshiroii
09-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Strange style. Odd, but fun :D

Take a good look at the head motion, there is some popping happening there.

The left arm's timing is a little bit off. I'd swing it to the side a littel bit earlier, I duno, it doesn't feel right.

Since the arms are all watery and bendy, you might want to make the hip motion a little bit more fluidly.

You took the joint-breaking a little bit too far IMO, I mean, you break him all over the place, everywhere you can, but that might be the style. Since you exagerated the arms a looot, you might want to over react with the legs too.

I don't really understand the right hand motion, if you look at the hand only it seems like he's gonna go into some victorial ballet stance.

Are the fingers animated? It seems like they stay in one place. You added quite some drag and fluid motions to the arms, you might want to use the fingers too.

Andy741
09-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the crits. Anything that gets me thinking about improving it helps.

Papashango
09-26-2004, 08:23 PM
looks cool, but I'd try to get his right leg in sync w/ left arm.
just my 2 cents

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.