PDA

View Full Version : Vector graphics as textures?

clu
09-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I don't know much about this, but it looked like Doom 3 was using vector graphics (like an animated Flash image) for some of their control panels. Anyway, I wanted to know if there were any resources out there about applying a vector file or animation (.SWF, .SVG) as a texture. Just wanted to find some info to pass onto out game engine programmer to see if it was possible (we use Max and export to a proprietary format for our engine).

-clu

RobertMayer
05-25-2005, 02:57 PM
i know its bad form to resurect an old topic - but has this been looked into at all? is there a way to do it?

z900624
05-26-2005, 06:57 AM
As i know,
animate texture is just simply avi or flc (work like bitmap)

but vector graphic....may be darktree, it is a "procedural shader authoring tool" (similar the map like noise, gradient etc). but never heard of swf. i just convent it as avi...
http://www.darksim.com/

Leionaaad
05-27-2005, 11:24 AM
open the doom resource files with winrar...
You will see there is nothing like svf in the resources...everything is quite standdard, not considering the normal maps.

And to answer to your question: I never heared abult a plugin like this, and quite a few people asked before...
Besides...even if there would be, how in the hell would you translate it to the engine?

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2005, 11:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.