PDA

View Full Version : Rail Bevel; How to?

RuiFeliciano
09-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Is it possible to select a polygon and have it beveled in multiple steps conforming to a curve? Kind of like what Vertibevel for LW does.

c-g
09-23-2004, 02:01 PM
"curve extrude"?

Last button on the dublicate tab.

yog
09-23-2004, 02:09 PM
"curve extrude"?

Last button on the dublicate tab.
Afraid not, that's like the LW "rail extrude".

Nothing like Vertibevel (multi step bevels), but the bevel tool in Modo is much improved than the LW one. The Modo bevel will bevel with shift and inset just fine with multiple connected polygons without splitting them (unless you want it to), which was the other main benifit of Vertibevel (with multi step bevels being the main advantage).

c-g
09-23-2004, 03:08 PM
ah. it was early and I was half asleep when I read that. :)

I have been finding it easier to just use the regular bevel to rough out a shape and then tweak edge loops and use the edge bevel to curve the corners. I get more control for what I am doing. Results may very, some side effects are possible.

RuiFeliciano
09-23-2004, 07:06 PM
That would be awfully tedious for my purposes as Edge Bevel does not have colison detection which means that I'd have to spend lots of time moving and joining points around...Oh well...it's version 1.0 after all...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.