PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Modo with LW discount?

ackees
09-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi, what is the cost of Modo with the LW discount?
Thanks

Montty_cg
09-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Here is the link to Luxology's pricing & availability page:
http://www.luxology.com/modo/pricing.aspx

Afaik LW users get an additional friends and family discount of $100 which, if my calculation is correct would give:

Introductory price: $695
F&F discount: - $100
Total: $595

Don't forget to enter modo4LW + LW serial number on the order form to get the discount.

Here is more links you might find interesting:
http://www.cgtalk.com/search.php?searchid=429001

Pretty cool hey!:bounce:

ackees
09-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks,
could those who are experts at LW tell me if it's worth that price. I mean the question is do I buy Modo or upgrade to LW 8, is Modo so good that it's worth buying instead of LW 8 upgrade?

3DDave
09-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks,
could those who are experts at LW tell me if it's worth that price. I mean the question is do I buy Modo or upgrade to LW 8, is Modo so good that it's worth buying instead of LW 8 upgrade?
Or XSI for that matter?

Tim Deneau
09-24-2004, 10:54 PM
modo looks to be a good long run investment, and with the discount it's a reasonable price for a modeler.

The LW8 upgrade is mostly for Layout, you don't see much change in Modeler.

yog
09-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks,

It depends where most of your work will be. If most of your work is in character animation, then LW8 is a good upgrade. If however you are predomently a modeller (as I am), and you already have Divid Ikeda's previously free Power Tools, then there is practically no reason to get LW8 and you are better off spending the money on Modo.

annaleah
09-25-2004, 12:05 PM
It depends where most of your work will be. If most of your work is in character animation, then LW8 is a good upgrade. If however you are predomently a modeller (as I am), and you already have Divid Ikeda's previously free Power Tools, then there is practically no reason to get LW8 and you are better off spending the money on Modo.

I agree...

ackees
09-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Itís a difficult business this, I have a huge project that has started, modelling at the moment but animation to come, it will be about a year before it gets Ďdeepí and difficult. I have lost a bit of faith in LW as NT let it almost die while they played with the VT video thingy, so I am kind of waiting to see how the 3D market pans out. I know LW in itís current form cannot complete the project, it renders just too slow, so I am holding back pumping any more money into it. I guess I should wait to see how good the Modo animation and rendering system will be, particularly the speed of the rendering Ė and then there is the cost, If Lux gets into silly prices then thatís no good, I do not have a Hollywood budget, Modo looks sweet but the price is worrying, what if they then want to charge 5k for the complete package later, thatís where their prices seem to be heading.
I guess I am trying to decide where to invest my time and money in 3D for the next 2 to 3 years.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.