PDA

View Full Version : no bone/skelegon?

dickma
09-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Is Modo don't have any bone or skelegon toolsets?

It is weird for me to paint weight maps without bone or skelegon...

kursad_pileksuz
09-23-2004, 09:28 AM
not really, painting weights is one of the strongest things in modo, you donot need that kinda stuff just for bones. you can use it for morphing in modo for example or other tools.

dickma
09-23-2004, 10:32 AM
From Modo previous video previews...mesh can be deformed with bones and so we can preview the vertex weight maps when rotating bones....

is the bone and skelegon functions are preserved for LEXUS?

Cyberdigitus
09-23-2004, 11:44 AM
I was wondering if some basic bone weight system would be possible trough scripting, using some boxes in a hierarchy and the weight maps.

What do you guys think. how low level can you go with the scripting?

dickma
09-23-2004, 12:04 PM
What I would like to mention is the ORIGINAL modo I think has a bone system.
I have seen a video that one reptile is modelled and there is a bending action of it's tail, may be it is bone animation driven.

I just thought MODO can replace LW's modeller by include bones and skelegon tools (I dislike using Vertexpaint, no improvement on LW8)....

Now that means I need to switch back to LW for those stuff.

ThomasMahler
09-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Maybe you've just seen a rotation with some falloff - That should be pretty good for stuff like rotating limbs around.

kursad_pileksuz
09-23-2004, 06:15 PM
what you have had seen may not have been the "modeler". they are developing stuff round their nexus, they may have used some of the features in that video. i know personally that , bone was not thought for modeler, because i personally asked it as a feature, a bone system that we would have modeled over it. What Brad said back then that, that could be something considered for future versions.

bradpeebler
09-23-2004, 08:08 PM
There is no bone support in modo currently and we've never shown any videos of bone deformation. What you saw was the rotate tool using a selection set. Perhaps selection drawing was disabled. However, as pointed out, you can use weight maps and base deformers to create "bone like" deforms.

The trick with bones in a modeler is that they may or may not match the bones in your target anim system. Since many systems have their own algorithm for deforming the mesh with bones, it would be impossible for us to guarantee a match.

That being said, we are looking into various solutions for bone style deforms in future versions. :)

BP

h4sh
10-23-2004, 03:13 PM
linear fall off looks just like a bone in maya. i guess that's what caused the confusion.

Nemoid
10-24-2004, 05:12 PM
yep.

Also, if it will be the case of a Lux animation system, bone will find their place there. then, if we will be into a modular system, u will be able to use that same tool in the (Modo)elling environment. :)

Some bone -like deformation system in Modo's current version would be good though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.