PDA

View Full Version : Rotating the paper

kamsvag
09-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Hi, I've had the oportunity to watch one of Feng Zhu's videos for a bit, so I'm rather curious of something he does without mentioning it.

He seems to be able to rotate his 'paper' in photoshop, just as you would with a skethblock while working with a picture, and it's realy fast too. As if he's doing it on the fly.

How does he do that?

Cheers!

halo
09-23-2004, 08:57 AM
are you sure its not painter?

is there a link to a video or a screenshot?

kamsvag
09-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah, as you mention it. It might have been painter. Is it possible to rotate the paper in painter?

Totoro
09-23-2004, 01:02 PM
As far as I know Photoshop can't rotate your paper while you're drawing.
Painter has a rotate page tool that let's you rotate your drawing to accomodate the way you draw naturally.

sforsyth
09-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Painter has that ability. He's almost definitely using that. As far as a I remember, it was tied toa hotkey like Spacebar or something, you just hold down the key, and drag to left or right and the page rotates. VERY cool, and something photoshop could do with.

berniebernie
09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
exactly, I know im always working with weird drawing positions on my tablet and it always ends up rotated in PS... I wish such feature was available...

feeesh
09-29-2004, 12:01 AM
yes, Ive seen the video you are talking about with Feng. He is using Painter.

Space + Alt + Click/Drag - rotates the canvas
Space + Alt + Click (or maybe double click) - sets the canvvas back to it's original.

-feeeesh

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.