PDA

View Full Version : Shift key to add to selection problem

SheepFactory
09-23-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi Guys ,

Does anyone else have this problem:

I hit shift to add to selections which work fine , than something happens and it stops working , the shift key starts working like display alternate commands for the modo tools menu.

Why is this happening?

edit: it works fine in face mode , but stops working in edge mode

Thanks in advance
Ali

ChristianFischer
09-23-2004, 07:16 AM
hi ali.

the shift key starts working like display alternate commands for the modo tools menu.the menu always displays the alternate commands for the tools when hitting "shift" on my computer but adding edges to a selection works correct.
does you modo tools menu only toggle to the alternate commands when you are pressing shift directly over the menu usually?

kursad_pileksuz
09-23-2004, 07:29 AM
hmm never heard of it, are you sure you are not in different program ? :)

SheepFactory
09-23-2004, 07:35 AM
rechecked again , you are right it always did display the alternate menus. The selection problem persists though.

ChristianFischer
09-23-2004, 08:11 AM
hmm ... i tried it for a while in edge mode but i've got no problems here.

but could you please do me a favour and test something for me

if i try to select e.g. some polygons and move very fast with my mouse over the desired selection, not all polygons get selected.
i have to move the mouse slower so that all polygons get selected.
does anyone else have this problem?

tjnyc
09-23-2004, 01:20 PM
rechecked again , you are right it always did display the alternate menus. The selection problem persists though.
I can confirm that I get the same problem.

SheepFactory
09-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Do you have any idea what we do before it starts happening? I am trying to replicate it but it happens out of nowhere. :(

My Fault
09-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Next time it happens, check out your command history. Maybe there is a clue there.

I can vouch it has happened to me, though at the time I just assumed I hit a wrong key. I will definitely keep my eye open for it though.

ambient-whisper
09-24-2004, 02:47 AM
its a problem.

for different modes its different keys. if shift doesnt work. then ctrl+shift does. or some other combination. :) its weird, and i hope its fixed, for consistencies sake.

kursad_pileksuz
09-24-2004, 06:31 AM
it may be an display problem. did you guys try moving or rotating after not seeing the selection?

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.