PDA

View Full Version : Popup menu problem!

modoed
09-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi there.

I am having a problem configuring the menus. Some popup donīt show the label when thereīs none of the items in use. All i get from those is "(none)". What could be the problem?

PS: how can i upload images on this nice forum? That way i could illustrate the problem better.

Ed

modoed
09-23-2004, 02:38 AM
Ooook, sorted it out! I Hadnīt selected the right Popup Face (Label).

But now i have a new one:)

Sometimes the popups align to the right side as opposed to the left?!

modoed
09-23-2004, 02:40 AM
And another one. How can i get rid of the ugly Windows file bar at the top?

modoed
09-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Sigh,the first problem re-appears after closing and re-opening modo. The Popuo Face reverts to "Option". Is this a bug?

modoed
09-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Allright, i think i pinned a bug.

Popupfaces of Popups that contain commands beginning with "tool.set" revert from "Label" or "Label:Option" to "Option" when closing the program or saving the configuration.

Can anyone confirm that?

modoed
09-23-2004, 03:23 AM
As an example you can see it happening in the Modo Default Layout. Set the option for the Action center pulldown in the Modo_modes form (which by default shows "none") to Label. Everything is fine until you close and reopen Modo. Puff...gone.

PS:Sorry for posting so often, i know iīm still being moderated, thatīs why i prefer not to edit the original post for now:)

BertD
09-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Same here, I can't get the labels to stick either, even if you do a config save.

modoed
09-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Could someone confirm this problem before i fire a mail with a bugreport?

jangell
09-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Ooook, sorted it out! I Hadnīt selected the right Popup Face (Label).

But now i have a new one:)

Sometimes the popups align to the right side as opposed to the left?!

This is determined by the Layout of the form the control is in. The options are Toolbar Vertical (which is right-aligned controls, like modo Tools on the left), Toolbar Horizontal (like modo Modes on the top), and Properties (labels on the left with the control on the right, like Tool Properties on the left).

-- Joe

jangell
09-23-2004, 03:10 PM
And another one. How can i get rid of the ugly Windows file bar at the top?

Easiest way: The checkmark (ie: the Enable switch) for the Menu bar form. You can do other things like use the Menu Editor tab to assign a different form to the menu, or unassign the menu entirely.

-- Joe

jangell
09-23-2004, 03:15 PM
As an example you can see it happening in the Modo Default Layout. Set the option for the Action center pulldown in the Modo_modes form (which by default shows "none") to Label. Everything is fine until you close and reopen Modo. Puff...gone.

Yup, that's a bug. My bad.

You can hand-edit your config file in the interim. Find your modo.cfg, search for "Action Center", and find the line in that block (for me it's the next line) named "PopupFace". There, change the "Option" text to "Label" and you should get the right behavior.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

-- Joe

modoed
09-23-2004, 04:28 PM
No problem. I am used to edit all kinds of files that way (lightwave 3d background,grin). Good to know you guys are on it, though.

modoed
09-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Easiest way: The checkmark (ie: the Enable switch) for the Menu bar form. You can do other things like use the Menu Editor tab to assign a different form to the menu, or unassign the menu entirely.

-- Joe
Ok, found it. Thank you! I am trying to pull together a look and mapping that resemble what i am used to from good old modeler. Took me a couple of days to completely understand the form editor and the difference between Layouts, Forms and menus. Iīll get there, eventually:thumbsup:

modoed
09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
You can hand-edit your config file in the interim. Find your modo.cfg, search for "Action Center", and find the line in that block (for me it's the next line) named "PopupFace". There, change the "Option" text to "Label" and you should get the right behavior.

-- Joe
Ok, did that and still get the behaviour. Strange thing is that the CFG seems ok after closing and re-opening after the text edit. Is there another CFG besides the one in Documents and Settings?

jangell
09-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Ok, did that and still get the behaviour. Strange thing is that the CFG seems ok after closing and re-opening after the text edit. Is there another CFG besides the one in Documents and Settings?

There might be multiple references to "Action Center". Go until you've changed them all. Really, you only need to find the one that's actually being used, but this is easier.

-- Joe

modoed
09-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Yep, after killing the the CFG (starting with a new one) i changed it to Label in the Form Editor and closed Modod. After that i had it 17 times in the CFG which i replaced all. Still opens saying "none" and reverted to "Option" in the Form Editor. Will fiddle around some more, maybe i am still doing something wrong.:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.