PDA

View Full Version : Workspace Color Issue

Sir_Vuclan
09-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Ok, I am kinda new with photoshop. I have done some editing in it but I now have a problem that I cant figure out how to fix. I open photoshop then open a picture. The colors in photoshop are messed up but if I save the picture and look at it with windows previewer its the same as the first image. example: this is a screen shot of what happening, the top left is a picture open in photoshop (nothing done to it), the bottom right is the SAME picture in windows previewer. It should look like the windows picture, why is photoshop changing the colors in the workspace but still saving with the pictures true colors??

Elysian
09-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Go to edit/color settings and make a screenshot of your settings (ALT+print if you're on a PC).

Thx.

Sir_Vuclan
09-23-2004, 01:43 AM
here you go. The color settings page. hope you can help me

Elysian
09-23-2004, 12:50 PM
These are my PS CS settings (for the web that is) and these work fine on my computer. Make sure that you calibrate your computer. My assumption is that the Adobe RGB work space you're using is causing your problems. Good luck.

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/8383/a10.gif

halo
09-23-2004, 01:51 PM
the answer is here

why do my colours look different in other applications? (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=123320)

Sir_Vuclan
09-24-2004, 02:00 PM
thanks guys

Sir_Vuclan
09-24-2004, 02:29 PM
ok i tried the adobe gamma wizard in the control panel and many differnt settings. but its always seems to over expose the blue. every picture i open has way to much blue in it. Is there a setting somewhere that i can adujust to turn down the blue and not the other colors. It used to be fine and then one day it just decided not to work right. I dont know....would uninstalling and the reinstalling help any?

Elysian
09-24-2004, 07:08 PM
I dont know....would uninstalling and the reinstalling help any?You might consider to reset the preference file: holding down Shift+Ctrl+Alt short after you start Photoshop.

Sir_Vuclan
09-24-2004, 07:24 PM
hey that worked, thanks alot Elysian

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.