PDA

View Full Version : Layout saving problem...

JacquesD
09-22-2004, 08:22 PM
It might be me but there's seems to have a problem with saving layout.
Here's my problem:
I want to change the top bar display to text only:
http://users.skynet.be/fa008785/LayoutProblem.jpg
It works fine but when I save the layout, the top bar change the display back to "Text + Icons" again :sad:
Anybody had the same problem? Thanks

Cheers,

The ripper.

kursad_pileksuz
09-22-2004, 08:28 PM
did you try saving your config too?

JacquesD
09-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks kursad_pileksuz... I just saved the layout under a different name... I did it for the left "Modo tools" bar and It worked just fine... I only have that problem with the "Modo modes" bar.

The ripper.

Pazur
09-22-2004, 10:50 PM
forms are separate from layouts which are built from forms. if a form has a dot next to its name in forms editor it means it was modified but not saved. Saving config should help but I would recommend duplicating modo_modes first, then modify the duplicate and put it on UI instead of the default one. This way You make sure You don't destroy default modo_modes in case You would need to get back to its original state at some point.

JacquesD
09-22-2004, 11:43 PM
That's the answer I was looking for... Thanks a lot Pazur!

Cheers,

The ripper.

Chaz
09-25-2004, 01:59 PM
What does the 'exported' checkbox do to a form?

jangell
09-25-2004, 02:04 PM
What does the 'exported' checkbox do to a form?

If you go to a Forms Viewport and click on the popup on the right side of the header, then go to Viewport Options, you'll see a list of forms you can pick. All those forms are marked as "exported". Thus, the exported flag marks the form as one that can be selected for display in a Forms Viewport. Usually sub-forms that exist as part of another form are not exported to keep from cluttering up the list.

-- Joe

Chaz
09-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Ahhh...thanks. That makes sense. Is it possible to edit forms like Info&Statistics or the Vertex Map List?

jangell
09-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Ahhh...thanks. That makes sense. Is it possible to edit forms like Info&Statistics or the Vertex Map List?

Those aren't forms. They're special viewports. In the future these may become forms, in which case that would be possible, but not currently.

-- Joe

lougandidas
09-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Joe,

What's the difference between the little blue box and the green line, for example to the left of Action Center and the left of Symmetry in the modo modes? They both look like drop down menus and are, but what's the difference and why?

jangell
09-25-2004, 03:42 PM
What's the difference between the little blue box and the green line, for example to the left of Action Center and the left of Symmetry in the modo modes? They both look like drop down menus and are, but what's the difference and why?

Green lines are commands. Blue boxes (which are actually one longer line on top and a few indented lines underneath) are forms.

Depending on how a command is structured, it can create different kinds of controls. The symmetry command here creates a popup control based on the possible options for the argument being queried with a '?'. By contrast, there is no single command to set the Action Center; it is actually just another call to tool.set. Thus all the tool.set commands are simply put in a form set to the Popup style, which is what you see in the UI.

-- Joe

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.