PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone received their permanent licence yet?

dotTom
09-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Started modo this morning. T-9 days to lock-out. I ordered mine online on the 19th and haven't received my permanent licence email yet. Has anyone else?

chrisdz
09-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Not as of yet, but I was figuring that either my retail package would show up before the timer ran out, or they'd just issue an extension key of some sort.

Looking forward to having a manual to peruse, though. 900 pages is a bit much to have to read on screen ;)

Started modo this morning. T-9 days to lock-out. I ordered mine online on the 19th and haven't received my permanent licence email yet. Has anyone else?

Wireframes
09-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Me too don't receive anything yet

T-11

bradpeebler
09-22-2004, 07:08 PM
When we ship your package we will send you an email with instructions for your perma key as well as your tracking number. These should start going out as soon as this afternoon. Not to worry!

BP

padawan171
09-22-2004, 08:50 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I ordered mine on the 17th I think.
Thanks a lot, Brad, for everything!! I'm pretty pleased with my purchase!! :)
You guys put quite a lot of thoughtful things/ideas inside of modo! :thumbsup:

Is the printed manual in the shipment exactly the same as the electronic documentation in the download? Great idea btw to have an immediate download! :thumbsup:
I don't think anybody enjoys waiting for stuff.
Thanks again.

Xacto
09-24-2004, 02:24 AM
These should start going out as soon as this afternoon. Not to worry!

BP

Hmm...been a couple days now and I never got my perma key or tracking number, has things been pushed back? Anyone else get theirs?

bradpeebler
09-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Sorry for the slight delay. Not to worry, the packages have been built out today (it took us longer than expected to fulfill due to more demand than we had anticipated). Shipping will start sending out packages tomorrow. At that time you will receive your perma key notice via email.

Thanks for your patience. I'm anxious to see how people enjoy the integrated video help clips.

BP

guidox2
09-24-2004, 10:42 AM
... waiting... :bounce:

chrisdz
09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm glad demand was high - this is the first time I've been really excited about an application in quite a while, and I hope that the success propels you forward.

(I figured when I got a "14 day key" that I should just hold off worrying too much about my order for about 13 days :) )

Sorry for the slight delay. Not to worry, the packages have been built out today (it took us longer than expected to fulfill due to more demand than we had anticipated). Shipping will start sending out packages tomorrow. At that time you will receive your perma key notice via email.

Thanks for your patience. I'm anxious to see how people enjoy the integrated video help clips.

BP

drkollossus
09-24-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm anxious to see how people enjoy the integrated video help clips.

BP
I for one can't wait! Well I mean, I can, and I will.... But many of the questions I have just needed a little extra explaning (thanks everyone here). Haveing videos with the help will be very nice. Will the DVD need to be copied to the drive or is it something I can leave in the drive?

dotTom
09-24-2004, 05:09 PM
I for one can't wait! Well I mean, I can, and I will.... But many of the questions I have just needed a little extra explaning (thanks everyone here). Haveing videos with the help will be very nice. Will the DVD need to be copied to the drive or is it something I can leave in the drive?
Given Lux's cool stance on dongles and node locking (the lack there of) I can't imagine them implementing some pony "Please insert your original DVD to model" protection scheme :-)

The modo "no-CD" crack? I don't think so.

chrisdz
09-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Gah. Protection schemes.

Add that to "religion" and "politics" as a topic that I'd like to avoid when I'm in a good mood.

Given Lux's cool stance on dongles and node locking (the lack there of) I can't imagine them implementing some pony "Please insert your original DVD to model" protection scheme :-) The modo "no-CD" crack? I don't think so.

ChristianFischer
09-27-2004, 08:11 PM
sorry for bringing this thread back up again but did anyone receive the permanent licence or the package already?

regards chris

Wireframes
09-27-2004, 08:25 PM
7 days remaining for me

I hope Luxology team don't forget me before the end of the evaluation period

dotTom
09-27-2004, 08:27 PM
4 days left...

chrisdz
09-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Not as of yet...

nor has my account been charged :)

Still have 5 days left on my key though! :D

Phil Lawson
09-27-2004, 08:56 PM
6 days to go here before lock down :)

yog
09-27-2004, 09:00 PM
I got an e-mail last Friday to say that it had shipped.
Four days to go, getting nervious about how long customs take to clear ;)

Wireframes
09-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Is there only European without final licence and boxed Modo ???

JacquesD
09-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Haven't got mine neither yet! 5 days to go.

The ripper.

mav3rick
09-27-2004, 11:53 PM
i am still fine 8 days to go:) i will sink after you all
lol:)

jlinhart
09-28-2004, 01:15 AM
After your order has shipped, you can go to your 'myAccount->Registered Products' page on luxology.com and you should see a new area where you'll be able to generate your permanent license key.

.jason
www.luxology.com

MunCHeR
09-28-2004, 06:41 AM
8 days left for me :buttrock:

I'm so excited I need medication , feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas. :D

Cheers

MunCH

guidox2
09-28-2004, 08:58 AM
5 days left...:shrug:

yog
09-28-2004, 10:08 AM
After your order has shipped, you can go to your 'myAccount->Registered Products' page on luxology.com and you should see a new area where you'll be able to generate your permanent license key.

.jason
www.luxology.com (http://www.luxology.com)
Oo, missed this bit.
Works like a charm :thumbsup:

dotTom
09-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Oo, missed this bit.
Works like a charm :thumbsup:
Got my UPS shipping notification this morning and generated my production key with 3 days to go :) ! Christmas comes early.

ChristianFischer
09-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Your Luxology.com Order has been shipped

i've got mail too http://xsiforum.de/images/smilies/augenbrauen.gif

Xacto
09-28-2004, 11:19 PM

.jason
www.luxology.com

I was sent an email about two days ago that my package has shipped via UPS with a tracking number ect. However when I log into myaccount there is no "generate permanent license key". (still say generate temp license key) Am I missing something?

Thanks!
:)

EDIT! ----------
It does not say "generate permanent license key" it only says "gengerate license key" on the right of your product (mac or PC) --sorry, me bad.

dotTom
09-28-2004, 11:22 PM
I was sent an email about two days ago that my package has shipped via UPS with a tracking number ect. However when I log into myaccount there is no "generate permanent license key". (still say generate temp license key) Am I missing something?

Thanks!
:)
Next to your existing temp serial are two links, one for Mac, one for Windows. Click the one that applies to you and (in the case of Windows) it'll generate a ZIP file for you to download that contains the installer for your permanent key.

chrisdz
09-29-2004, 12:54 AM
I haven't gotten my permanent key yet, but I went poking around the "my account" section of the Luxology website to see if anything had changed, and I have a new entry under the registered products section that allowed me to at least generate a new 14 day key :)

I'm really geeked to get my hands on the training stuff in the retail package, but at least I can keep rolling along. I've already updated and improved half a dozen existing models in Modo, and other than texturing, I haven't really had to use modeler much.

I'm glad I can keep using it until the permanent stuff shows up. :thumbsup:

mbaldwin
09-29-2004, 04:02 AM
just got my copies UPS tonight. The support videos are a welcome help--thanks Brad!

Now if I can just get your voice out of my head...

-m.

MunCHeR
09-29-2004, 04:19 AM
hehe, thats subliminal training, twice the bang for buck :D

MunCH

ambient-whisper
09-29-2004, 04:28 AM
yeah i got mine by logging into the luxology site and grabbing the file from there.

Phil Lawson
09-29-2004, 10:16 AM

-m.
LOL, that happened me with the lw dvd's :D

JacquesD
09-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Got my permanent license key yesterday from Lux website... Anyone knows how long the shipping takes to get in Europe(Belgium) by UPS?

The ripper.

yog
09-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Got my permanent license key yesterday from Lux website... Anyone knows how long the shipping takes to get in Europe(Belgium) by UPS?

The ripper.I've been tracking my order via UPS's site. It shipped from Lux Friday, made it into the UK last night, so may well be waiting for me when I get home today :thumbsup:

JacquesD
09-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks yog... I checked on UPS and mine is still 'in transit'... I guess that shouldn't be that long anymore now!

Cheers,

The ripper.

guidox2
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
I ordered mine online on the 19th and haven't received my permanent licence email yet... I'm in Italy

onlooker
09-29-2004, 06:09 PM
How many days did take before they shipped your orders?

Question to all.

cryo
09-29-2004, 07:30 PM
ordered mine the morning of the 18th and still waiting. that's not too bad though, website gave me another temp key. Just wish I had an idea of how much longer it will be untill shipment. would like to have the full docs to go over.

mav3rick
09-29-2004, 07:56 PM
well for me now it is not big rush on getting it since i smeel we could get modo update soon also... so better to ship with latest build than to dl updates:) discovering tools makes me i feel like days of lw 3.5 when i was kid .. :) anyway keep on modoing!!! i just hope i will get another temporary licence after this one fire out...

onlooker
09-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Oops.. Double post. :argh:

onlooker
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
I only ordered mine 4 days ago, but I'm just used to things shipping the day I order, or the 1st business day after. I'm waiting to see the DVD.
I figured the initial delays were just from major demand. It should have settled a bit by now, but if your correct, and there may a quick release .0.1 update I suppose it's a good thing.

rbird01
09-30-2004, 01:10 AM

I just now received notification by email from Luxology that my package has shipped UPS Ground from the West Coast.

I purchased on 9/18 and received notice of shipping on 9/29 - 11 day gap.

I have 3 days left on my temporary license, but that's no big deal since as soon as I receive the notice I am able to get a permanent license key using the original login provided when I purchased.

Very smooth.

Nando
09-30-2004, 01:42 AM
W00T UPS just delivered my Modo Box :scream:

:buttrock: :buttrock:

Xacto
09-30-2004, 02:39 AM
So... what does it look like, post a picture!

onlooker
09-30-2004, 03:22 AM
W00T UPS just delivered my Modo Box :scream:

No doubt. Let's see it! :bounce:

Nando
09-30-2004, 05:06 AM
:blush: I was gona scan u folks the cardboard shipping box as a joke, but the jokes on me as this scanner took a dump.

Its a nice white box with Modo logo and the lil squigley thing
on the back theres some lil text *teehee* ;) .
a big book just like the PDf except theres an errata for some fixes
1 installation guide mac and pc
1 DVD with install, docs, and Videos
;)

and no i dont have a digiCam :(

onlooker
09-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Sweet. I missed the part about the PDF book being included. All the better.

Sbowling
09-30-2004, 06:03 AM
I hope mine shows up soon! I have 3 days left and that means that I'm going to lose the use of Modo over the weekend and that means that I'm goping to be VERY grumpy! :eek: :cry: :sad:

padawan171
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi guys, just got my modo box shipment today.
I ordered on the 18th and got my shipment email and perm key on the 28th aftnoon.

The box is nice and white, like the ipod and
the text at the back is cool!
The text printing in the manual is good.

Nando, I have a question abt the dvd (windows).
Does yours have a big library of models?
i.e. models other than the ones provided in the download?
Cause mine doesn't and I'm wondering whether there's stuff
missing from my dvd. I reinstalled modo and everything's the same except for the videos.

On the "Content" section of the modo website, they mention
us getting a model library worth thousands of dollars.
That said, I must say though that the models in the download and my dvd are
very very well done.....but am I missing something? I'm not sure how much models
like these cost??

Nando
09-30-2004, 05:09 PM
padawan171,

Thanks for reminding me about that Library;)

The DvD came only with the tutorial models like the download.

Phil Lawson
09-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Just checked my Lux account and my licence was there. Thanks guys! :bounce:

JulesB
09-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Mine will keel over on Sunday - no word about anything at all with my order yet, not even an extension to the temp license. Emailed customer service last night (UK time) asking if they have a Plan B, but have heard nothing so far.Julian.

JulesB
09-30-2004, 08:57 PM
<snip>
On the "Content" section of the modo website, they mention
us getting a model library worth thousands of dollars.
That said, I must say though that the models in the download and my dvd are
very very well done.....but am I missing something? I'm not sure how much models
like these cost??[/QUOTE]
Whenever we've looked at commercially available models from whatever site, really, really good hi-res models can be "thousands" - it's a subjective point anyway, and given that technically you can use the word "thousands" (plural) once you have two thousand! That was cynical but couldn't resist!! Sorry!!!

chrisdz
09-30-2004, 09:24 PM
I got my shipping notification and the link for the "real" license key installer last night, as well as a UPS tracking number. They're plugging along slow but sure :)

I had gotten an "extension" key the day before without even asking for one, though.

MunCHeR
09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
Just a quick note on the model library, the ones included in the download version are excellent quality, I wouldnt expect anything more.One thin I noticed was hitting the tab key to go out of subd mode, say for example the rhino model and various others have some gaps in them is this just the display because I have never seen this behaviour, well I honestly used subd's a lot.

Cheers

MunCH

onlooker
09-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Cheers

MunCH

An erection doesn't count as "Personal Growth"

That depends on the size of your erection. :applause:

MunCHeR
09-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Oddly enough I'm lost for words :D

MunCH

Aegis Prime
09-30-2004, 10:42 PM
One thin I noticed was hitting the tab key to go out of subd mode, say for example the rhino model and various others have some gaps in them is this just the display because I have never seen this behaviour, well I honestly used subd's a lot. This is perfectly normal - quad and greater polygons can be twisted to the point of no longer displaying or rendering correctly but seeing as subdivisions resolve the poly with x16 more detail (x4 for LightWave-style subpatches) they look perfectly fine as sub-d's (athough you can still torture sub-d's to the point that they won't render right too...)

I gotta say, the included models are very nice - can't really see myself using 'em for anything though... (although that chainsaw's giving me some ideas :D)

I got my shipping notification and the link for the "real" license key installer last night, as well as a UPS tracking number. They're plugging along slow but sure :)

I had gotten an "extension" key the day before without even asking for one, though. Today 08:57 PM Me too! YAY!! :)

guidox2
10-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Just checked my Lux account and my licence was there. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Sbowling
10-01-2004, 09:13 AM
I hope mine shows up soon! I have 3 days left and that means that I'm going to lose the use of Modo over the weekend and that means that I'm goping to be VERY grumpy! :eek: :cry: :sad:
WooHoo!Got my ship notification and permanent key today! :applause: Ordered nexty day air, so It should arrive tomorrow (Friday). :D :scream:

juanjgon
10-01-2004, 09:39 AM
I get it on the 20th and no news yet :cry: only three days ... i hope get mine before weekend ....

Wireframes
10-01-2004, 05:57 PM
images/icons/icon4.gif 3 days remaining images/icons/icon6.gif

Phil Lawson
10-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Forgot to say that I havent recieved any email as of yet...I just signed in to www.luxology.com (http://www.luxology.com) and under registered products was my modo licence for download.

So if you havent got an email yet, check your account anyway.

Cheers.

Wireframes
10-01-2004, 06:58 PM
thanx but nothing yet images/icons/icon6.gif

Steve McRae
10-01-2004, 08:58 PM
just got nailed with $55 'brokerage' fee from UPS - this is on top of duties and taxes -

Please LUX reconsider UPS for international shippments - they are hated at least up north here because of their exorbitant fees - FedEX, USPS are not like this.

JulesB
10-01-2004, 09:15 PM
just got nailed with $55 'brokerage' fee from UPS - this is on top of duties and taxes -

Please LUX reconsider UPS for international shippments - they are hated at least up north here because of their exorbitant fees - FedEX, USPS are not like this.
Agreed - I winced when I saw the cost of shipping to the UK, and I know almost beyond doubt that UPS are going to want VAT at the door, that's 17.5% on top of whatever the stated value is in Pounds Sterling. We're VAT registered so I can get it back, but even so, this is adding heavily to the cost of Modo.

Like I asked them in the first place, at least have a total download option for those who can, and if the manual is the same as the PDF, well frankly I'd rather not have it, especially as it will age very quickly with errata and updates - downloadable PDFs are far preferable. This is a very high percentage of the cost of the software, and that really isn't right.

They don't offer download because they tell me it's simply too much to download. Well, we have a modest 512K broadband connection, and I'm OK leaving it to download for a few hours...........you can bag alot in that time.

Oh well, at least my order is shipped - just had the email, along with my full license number. Hurrah!

Julian.

c-g
10-01-2004, 09:35 PM
They might not be OK with having to serve a few terrabytes out when everyone with a broadband connection starts sucking down the multi-gig videos. That is some major bandwidth that would be added to the price of their products.

dtracy
10-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Hello all,

First off, many thanks for the overwhelming response to modo. As your license key might be hinting at you, we are a little behind in shipping. Despair not, for I have good news for you. First off, as you soon as your order goes into 'Processing' status you can log into your Luxology Account and download a new temp license key. Make sure to go the Registered Products section and next to your Serial number will be a button to download a new license key. Make sure to pick the right license key for your particular platform.

Each day we ship more product than we shipped the day before, so we are catching up.

In regards to shipping costs, and international brokerage fees, we are looking into that as well.

Thank you all for your patience, and thanks again for the wonderful response.

-David

mnbear
10-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Im getting a bit nervous because Im so addicted to Modo.. I have 4 days left on my temporary key and 2 of 'em are the weekend. lol

Wireframes
10-01-2004, 11:44 PM
2 days remaining and received today a new Temporary Key for another 13 days :sad::shrug:

Wireframes
10-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Yeeepa :bounce:

Just received my mail the box is shipped :applause:

Matariki
10-02-2004, 10:19 AM
I ordered yesterday and was charged US$80 to ship to New Zealand. Hell what a price. I can understand that the video is a bit much to download for some but why not have the option to just have the DVD shipped? That would be much kinder on the wallet when it comes to freight cost and it would also be less value and therefore less VAT to pay.

If I had the choice I would say keep all the manuals and CD's and only send the training DVD. I am facing extra cost of about 20% of modo's purchase price. Auch!! :banghead:

johnL
10-02-2004, 02:43 PM
To avoid the extra tarrifs (VAT etc.) Lux could do like Macromedia does. Sell the software license on the web and if you want the CD/DVD and manual you buy a seperate media kit for the cost of producing the manual and disks. As long as the total price is the same as today this would make things a lot cheaper for all non-US customers. If you want to skip the manual the DVD could be sent as a regular letter and save having to use UPS altogether.

guidox2
10-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Just received my Modo Box ! :buttrock: Very Nice!

WPTV
10-05-2004, 01:43 AM
so were all the international orders made before ours, or are they shipping international before national orders? It looks like everyone who has received their box are international.

MunCHeR
10-05-2004, 11:40 AM
WPTV, I'm pretty sure they would be done in the order they got them. I ordered mine on the 23rd of September, no email yet and my credit card hasnt been debited yet either, they must be swamped:bounce:

MunCH

MunCHeR
10-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Well just got my shipped email Wohoo and my permanent license was in my account, I'm so happy I could kiss somebody, who's up first? :thumbsup::bounce::bounce::bounce::D

A happy chappy

MunCH

onlooker
10-05-2004, 10:26 PM
How many days were left on your temp license? I am dying to get that book, and DVD in my hands.

MunCHeR
10-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Well I got an extended temp license yesterday, and the full one today so 12-13 days since I placed my order.

MunCH

onlooker
10-05-2004, 10:41 PM
I have 4 days left on mine, but I read that they said they were shipping twice as many orders every day, so I was hoping I would have mine in the mail by now. I am so ready to read that book.

MunCHeR
10-05-2004, 11:15 PM
lol I hear you, I'm keen for the DVD, hopefully this will make the learning curve a bit quicker I know its frustrating especially since most things ship the next day, I'm pretty sure they're doing their best, hopefully just a few more days and you will have some news :thumbsup:

MunCH

dtracy
10-06-2004, 05:45 AM
Hello there,

We should be current with all orders pretty soon, most likely tomorrow. We definitely appreciate being overwhelmed, but we hate having to make you wait. Thankfully things are more streamlined now.

We process orders in the order in which they are received, whether they are international or not, just so you know. It's been really exciting to see how many orders have been made from all over the globe. I'm still waiting on that order from the Moon. :)

Thank you all again for your patience.

onlooker
10-06-2004, 06:31 AM
My email came. I'm pretty stoked. :)

WPTV
10-06-2004, 06:48 AM
no email yet but i have a registered product and a new temp license on the site. whoo :buttrock:

Steve McRae
10-06-2004, 04:55 PM
final charge for brokerage from UPS was $65.06 (this is not duty or taxes but simply a fee that UPS charges to take the package through customs) it is a rip off - again - FedEx and USPS are much cheaper than this. Incidentaly for those who care - total price for import was $118.06, including all taxes etc. I actually pay more to UPS to bring it into the country than our communist government charges for tax!!

to add insult to injury, lux put the retail amount of $700 onto the customs form rather than the discounted LW amount of $600 - this added up to even more needless tax.

Lux, please look into what has been mentioned here before - Macromedia lets you download the software and then ships you the cd's as 'backup cds'. You could send the cds and manual and claim them over customs as $50 or whatever they are worth. This would have saved me about $70-80 in total that would not have gone needlessly into other peoples pockets. I just hate handing over free money to people for no benefit to me. It is a waste.

draz
10-06-2004, 07:32 PM
final charge for brokerage from UPS was $65.06 (this is not duty or taxes but simply a fee that UPS charges to take the package through customs) it is a rip off - again - FedEx and USPS are much cheaper than this. Incidentaly for those who care - total price for import was $118.06, including all taxes etc. I actually pay more to UPS to bring it into the country than our communist government charges for tax!!

to add insult to injury, lux put the retail amount of $700 onto the customs form rather than the discounted LW amount of $600 - this added up to even more needless tax.

Lux, please look into what has been mentioned here before - Macromedia lets you download the software and then ships you the cd's as 'backup cds'. You could send the cds and manual and claim them over customs as $50 or whatever they are worth. This would have saved me about $70-80 in total that would not have gone needlessly into other peoples pockets. I just handing over free money to people for no benefit to me. It is a waste.
I really feel sorry for the Canadian customers. I just had to pay $180 COD on my package. It's crazy. Please consider another courier for future sales.

Phil Lawson
10-06-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm starting to panic on what its going to be to the north of Ireland...

rbird01
10-07-2004, 03:57 PM
http://www.rbird.com/images/temp/modo-box.jpg http://www.rbird.com/images/temp/modo-manual.jpg

Phil Lawson
10-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Mine came today while I was in work..but no one at home had the 73 ($130) fee, cash. :rolleyes:

Guy will call tomorrow...

doh.

Wireframes
10-07-2004, 04:54 PM
For me 111,20 (136,65$) --> :eek:

I hope to have a special price for futur upgrade :deal:

Paul-Angelo
10-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I hate UPS. I just checked my online tracking number. It says that my package was delivered yesterday at the front door. I checked and there was nothing around or near my front door. I just called their customer service and they told me that they will send the driver back out to try and find the package but that could take up to 8 business days. That's great considering I got 2nd day air delivery. This isn't the first time this has happend. A couple of months ago my wife had a package delivered here from UPS. She checked here tracking info online and it said it was already delivered. She was home the whole day and knew that no one ever showed up. She called UPS up and they were not very helpful. The next day the package was delivered even though according to UPS it was delivered the day before. I wish companies would always use FedEx. I have never had any problems with them.

c-g
10-07-2004, 07:43 PM
I have had fedex drop items and run. I counted myself lucky that most of the packages were still there when I got home. There were instructions to get a signature from either me or someone at the apartment complex's office.

Now for Modo, I got my email and should expect the box Tuesday.

tmdag
10-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I can't get my modo!! ;[[[ my Invoice has no invoice number and I can't get it from custom-house .. also Luxology did not answer my e-mails ;[[ . I must pay large fee for each day of waiting :/

If there is any person from luxology here, please help me and reply my mail asap!!

Dion Burgoyne
10-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Eek! We're caught up to our e-mails internally, did you send it to cs@luxology.com ?

We can't really discuss invoices online, but if you PM me, or try another e-mail if you had the wrong address we'll get it sorted out asap

onlooker
10-08-2004, 12:25 AM
I hate UPS. I just checked my online tracking number. It says that my package was delivered yesterday at the front door. I checked and there was nothing around or near my front door. I just called their customer service and they told me that they will send the driver back out to try and find the package but that could take up to 8 business days. That's great considering I got 2nd day air delivery. This isn't the first time this has happend. A couple of months ago my wife had a package delivered here from UPS. She checked here tracking info online and it said it was already delivered. She was home the whole day and knew that no one ever showed up. She called UPS up and they were not very helpful. The next day the package was delivered even though according to UPS it was delivered the day before. I wish companies would always use FedEx. I have never had any problems with them.

Sounds like your area driver is an incompetent schmuck. I've never had problems with either UPS, FED EX, or the USPS. I'm expecting mine today. It says out for delivery at UPS .com/tracking. I've been waiting by the window watching out for them when I'm waiting for paint to dry.

onlooker
10-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Yes! It has arrived. My UPS babe was a hottie too. :)

MunCHeR
10-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Hey onlooker, congrats man, I just got a phone call from UPS for those "extra" charges we all love and enjoy, should be here monday, so this is gonna be the longest weekend of my life:D

Cheers

MunCH

edit: As Matariki and johnL suggested if users could pay the larger percentage of the cost of modo for their "license" and then a nominal charge for the manual and dvd (Oh in the pretty box ofcourse :D) that would save users a hell of a lot of money and luxology wouldnt be losing out at all.For international users we have the currency exchange issue(in Australia this isnt so good), then the UPS charges then import duty on anything worth over $400, so for a $695 US purchase, its cost me $1270 AUS :buttrock: and come on I dont know anyone who enjoys paying tax, right guys :D

Paul-Angelo
10-08-2004, 05:38 PM
It finally just arrived. My doorbell rang and I ran down the stairs in less than 10 seconds hoping it would be my Modo package. It was at my door but there was no one around. I went outside and looked around to see if I could catch whoever it was that dropped it off but there was no one. Like I stated before, UPS said it was delivered two days ago. Someone is playing games with me. Well now I am happy I finally have the training materials so I can dig deeper into Modo.

onlooker
10-08-2004, 10:47 PM
It finally just arrived. My doorbell rang and I ran down the stairs in less than 10 seconds hoping it would be my Modo package. It was at my door but there was no one around. I went outside and looked around to see if I could catch whoever it was that dropped it off but there was no one. Like I stated before, UPS said it was delivered two days ago. Someone is playing games with me. Well now I am happy I finally have the training materials so I can dig deeper into Modo.

You see. It's not UPS it's your driver. You should report that stuff, and tell them you don't want that @sshole doing the rout in your area because he/she is incompetent, and falsely scanning packages.

Paul-Angelo
10-09-2004, 12:26 AM
You see. It's not UPS it's your driver. You should report that stuff, and tell them you don't want that @sshole doing the rout in your area because he/she is incompetent, and falsely scanning packages.
I am seriously considering setting up a security camera at my front door so the next time I have to get something shipped to my house using UPS, I will be able to see if the driver is really delivering my packages or lieing. Also I can see if a neighbor is grabbing packages off my porch and bringing them back a couple days later to play with my mind.

mosquito710
10-09-2004, 02:57 AM
I am seriously considering setting up a security camera at my front door so the next time I have to get something shipped to my house using UPS, I will be able to see if the driver is really delivering my packages or lieing. Also I can see if a neighbor is grabbing packages off my porch and bringing them back a couple days later to play with my mind.just make sure none of the nieghbors see you install the camera, or else they won't do it.

Matariki
10-12-2004, 05:48 AM
Hi guys,
I just got my precious :) UPS delivered this afternoon and tell you what, the driver just wanted a signature. No fees, no taxes. This was, as I figured out when I read the package slip, due to the guys at Luxology. They put the value of the box to US$127 which is then considered a minor item and attracts no tax. :bounce:

Many thanks to the Lux team!!! :love:

Cheers

MunCHeR
10-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Thats good to hear Matariki, I got my modo box today aswell, unfortunately I was slugged $157 AUS by UPS, plus the $102 US delivery charge:shrug: atleast we know lux are listening to their customers.

Cheers

MunCH

Matariki
10-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Thats good to hear Matariki, I got my modo box today aswell, unfortunately I was slugged $157 AUS by UPS, plus the $102 US delivery charge:shrug: atleast we know lux are listening to their customers.

Cheers

MunCH

Ouch! I expected a similar fine. I mean fee :D

JulesB
10-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Lucky you! I had to pick up an additional equivalent 195 USD when mine arrived here in the UK.

I agree, it's good they are listening now, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. As usual, customers are picking up the tab for a company's lack of foresight.

Julian.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.