PDA

View Full Version : 2 stupid question (newbie)

djart
09-22-2004, 06:10 PM
:shrug:
1. how can i set off "select polygon(mouse)" and it does select them from the other side too =\ ??

2. how can i inset two polygons, not seperated ?

if someone could give the answers id be glad xD

StuManFu
09-22-2004, 06:27 PM
1. how can i set off "select polygon(mouse)" and it does select them from the other side too

Not sure if there is a way to top this in wireframe view. But if you are in shaded view it will not select hidden polys. Switch between shaded and wireframe using 4 and 7 on the numpad.

2. how can i inset two polygons, not seperated ?
Just un-toggle the Group Polys option in the Tool Properties for Bevel.

Pazur
09-22-2004, 07:54 PM
1. how can i set off "select polygon(mouse)" and it does select them from the other side too

Drag Your lasso selection with MMB instead of RMB and it will select stuff on both sides in shaded view. In wireframe it's quite opposite, MMB to do selection on the front geometry only as RMB lasso selects both sides.

djart
09-22-2004, 07:54 PM
:sad: i dont know where is the button to unplug some group polys thing
and i got shaded "box" and selecting polys with mouse it took the back ones too, Really annoying.. when i first started the program it didnt do that and after i have played with keyboard buttons it changed to that and i dont know how to change back

padawan171
09-22-2004, 07:56 PM
:shrug:
1. how can i set off "select polygon(mouse)"
1. If by this you mean how you can turn off the left mouse function of selecting polygons/elements or painting selections, sorry but we can't customize the mouse buttons.

1. If by this you mean how you can deselect selections, then just left click an empty area of the 3d viewport.

1. If you mean how you can deselect an already selected polygon, CTRL-left click the polygon.

Hope this helps. :)

djart
09-22-2004, 07:57 PM
JEE thanks pazur, i found my problem =) but the inset thing is still wierd =\

padawan171
09-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Drag Your lasso selection with MMB instead of RMB and it will select stuff on both sides in shaded view. In wireframe it's quite opposite, MMB to do selection on the front geometry only as RMB lasso selects both sides.
Same goes for Maya mode as well with the MMB, but with LMB swapped for RMB(default/LW mode).

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.