PDA

View Full Version : shrinkwrap parenting problem

seb4d
09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi !
Second question I post here this week, this time about shrinkwrap.

I try to simulate skin sliding with shrinkwrap, so I created a cylinder and a two bone chain, envelopped it. Then created a sphere inside the cylinder and linked its scaling with the bone's rotation. Finally selected some points on the cylinder and applyed shrinkwrap using the sphere as the target.... nothing complicated until now.
But, when I move the whole chain, so the cylinder and the sphere, the shrinkwrap doesn't work properly, it seems to act as if the sphere was still at the original position when I apply shrinkwrap. Furthermore if I don't parent the sphere to the chain, I can move the chain leaving the sphere behind and shrinkwrap still works....
How do you parent the sphere to the chain and still get a nice shrinkwrap ?

Ablefish
09-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Couple of things to check - first, you shouldn't have your cylinder parented to the chain. That will double up transformation with the envelope deformation. All the points of the cylinder should be relying on the envelope for movement.

Second, where in the construction history have you applied the shrinkwrap? I just tried it out and I parented my nurbs sphere to the upper arm bone and applied the shrinkwrap in Secondary Shape mode so that it is calculated after the enveloping.

Hope that helps.

seb4d
09-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Ok actually I applied shrinkwrap in Modeling mode and left it there, now inside Secondary Shape as you said it works good.
Thank you !

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.