PDA

View Full Version : lightning

authentic
09-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Has someone ever succes to use the lightning volume shader ?? Tried to plug it into the volume of the 2 object (start and end), define them but nothing happened. Moreover it seems in the help that it exist a lightning object. I'm not sure i will use these method but I wanna try it at less...

EdHarriss
09-22-2004, 03:27 PM
- Put an object behind where the lighting effect is supposed to be.
- Only then will the effect show up.
- The shader does not work very well, but when it does, the effect does look pretty good.

SpeccySteve
09-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Yup, it definitely works for me, see attached test.

There's a step-by step tutorial on Ed Harriss' site.
http://www.edharriss.com/tutorials/tutorials_render_xsi.html

Good luck with it.

optical op
09-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Tried this, did work but couldnt really seem to get much of a branching effect going on. Must be doing something wrong. Any tips?

Sbowling
09-13-2005, 01:44 AM
I've been trying to use the lightning shader and it worked fine when I did the tutorial and rendered a region, but when I tried to render an animation, the lightning did not render. Also, I tried rebuilding the scene from scratch again and now the lightning seems to be rendering from the side. IOW, the branches look like they are running along the wrong axis. Can anyone give me some tips on getting this to work? I guessing tat this is what Ed means by "it does not work very well"

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2005, 01:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.