PDA

View Full Version : Another question on selections Sorry !!!

Mocksy
09-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi there guys,

Thanks for the previous help on loading selections into layers which i understand i have another little problem which I hope you guys can help me on.

If i copy an image using the rectangle selection tool and than paste this onto a layer in anothr image and then create a new layer on this image. go back to the layer with the image I have just cut and pasted too, use the magic selection tool to select only this image and then try and load this selection to another layer it gives me back the rectangle selection and not the selection around the image !

whats going on please no matter what I do I cannot get the layer to load the image selected.
i'm sure its something simple..

many Thanks
Mox

Elysian
09-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Ok, don't blame me if I don't have the answer right now, because I found your post a bit confusing (and I read it several times).

Selections don't just change when you select a different layer.

I think you're making assumptions here. Could it be that you're actually talking about a 2nd paste and that your forgot to use the copy command for the second time and that you're seeing what was left on the clipboard?

Mocksy
09-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Sorry me being an arse, I forgot, it selects the non transparent pixels and if you turn off the view for the other layers its copied the white rectangle around it so its selecting the image and the rectangle.

Sorry for being such a dufus and thankyou for taking the time to read my post !

Mox.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.