PDA

View Full Version : simulate key

authentic
09-22-2004, 08:28 AM
I want to create a shortcut for the simulate option in the particle op of a particle system. But I don't find him in the keyboard mapping and nothing is written on the script toolbar.
Did I miss it ?? Can anybody help ???

erebos
09-22-2004, 01:02 PM
the easiest way (i think) is to just create a custom toolbar with simulate icons for all the different particle sources in ur scene.

Ablefish
09-22-2004, 05:10 PM
You might find the particle tutorial in the official tutorials worthwhile - it covers lots of workflow tips, including setting up custom buttons.

erebos
09-23-2004, 01:41 AM
i was going to suggest that as well, it also utilises a custom toolbar which had simulation and mute buttons for each particle source on it. But then upon revisitng it i noticed that it never mentions how to create it, it just says "find particle.xsiaddon" and install, never discusses how to make the toolbar.

Suppose it's easy enough though.

Ablefish
09-23-2004, 06:57 AM
In the 4.0 tuts they go through how to create the toolbar... maybe you're looking at the 3.5 tuts or something?

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.