PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Customizing UI questions.

lougandidas
09-22-2004, 04:45 AM
1. How can I make tabs on the top of the interface? I've moved the toolbar > modes to the bottom a la Lightwave, but would like the tabs on the top.

2. I'd also like to add more tabs, and add/remove things from showing up in the modo tools section.

3.I also really dislike Basic, Deform, Duplicate etc. showing up sideways. How can I get rid of this?

4. For the primitives section, I don't wish to see any icons at all, just text. How do accomplish getting rid of this?

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to customizing the application and then working with it. I'm lucky as my boss has approved just taking the time to evaluate it and put it through its paces. You have to love slow times at work! Answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated.

jangell
09-22-2004, 07:49 AM
1. How can I make tabs on the top of the interface? I've moved the toolbar > modes to the bottom a la Lightwave, but would like the tabs on the top.[QUOTE]

This may not QUITE be possible in the current version of the application. I'm working on how to resolve this.

[QUOTE]2. I'd also like to add more tabs, and add/remove things from showing up in the modo tools section.

That's what the Form Editor is for. It allows you to edit any toolbar, pie menu, popover menu, the main menu bar, and few of the context menus. It's just a matter of hunting down the controls in the forms that you don't want and deleting them, or drag and dropping them to a new hierarchy.

3.I also really dislike Basic, Deform, Duplicate etc. showing up sideways. How can I get rid of this?

Currently, you're stuck with the vertical tabs. We had another use for horizontal tabs that didn't get implemented.

4. For the primitives section, I don't wish to see any icons at all, just text. How do accomplish getting rid of this?

That's just a matter of changing the modo Tools/Basic/PrimGang/Primitives form's Icon Mode to Text Only or Icons and Text.

-- Joe

Pazur
09-22-2004, 07:56 AM
1. force form tabs have tabs displayed vertically and that's the way it works. You can probably change it but it would require using filter editor to make it work like tool properties where You can have one form that displays various properties depending on what tool You have selected.

2. forms editor is Your friend. Open it, click find form and click on the form on UI that You want to change. It should be automatically highlighted on the list. Then, You can open it and see all commands and buttons that are in there. All can be edited. If You want text only buttons You can set it from there. Usin "new control" You can add new buttons or tabs on top of existing ones.

3. I don't think You can without going to things I mentioned in 1.

4. Do as in 3
- open forms editor (f3)
- click find form and click on the modo tools form, modo_tools should become highlighted on the list
- expand Basic/Primgang
- Click "Primitives" and in attribute properties on the right change icon mode to "text only" and layout to toolbar(vertical)
- do the same for "more prim tools"

CB_3D
09-22-2004, 12:10 PM
that form editor thatīs mentioned for so often for configuring the menus sure seems powerfull, but more compplicated than LWs menu editor. What i liked there was that we could easily drag and drop the commands from a list to menus and submenus.

jangell
09-22-2004, 12:29 PM
that form editor thatīs mentioned for so often for configuring the menus sure seems powerfull, but more compplicated than LWs menu editor. What i liked there was that we could easily drag and drop the commands from a list to menus and submenus.

That's on the list for a future version. Commands in modo are a fair bit more complex than those in LW, however; in modo, nearly every command takes arguments and most can be queried for values. This allows not only buttons to be created, but edit fields, popups, and other control types by using a question mark for the argument. These kinds of things are not possible in LW.

In the meantime, the best way to get a command to put into a form is to select it in the Command History's undo list or history views, then copy the text from the edit field at the bottom of the viewport. Not elegant, but it gets the job done for now.

lougandidas
09-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Back again. Ok, I've been playing with the Form editor and going through many of the options, but I can't disable and add things exactly how I want it, no matter how much I push text only. What I'm looking to do, is just take the modo tools list and create my own list of all the tools I think I will use. I would like to name the sections appropriately. I just want text. I can scroll down to the area where it says commands and has the short cut equivalent beside it. That's all I want to do. Make a custom menu. What am I missing or why can't I do that? Help is much appreciated.

lougandidas
09-24-2004, 04:34 AM
I figured out the style of menu I want. For example, in a new panel, I chose > viewport settings, modeling commands. Everything is cool. I can I customize this menu by adding or deleting and/or moving the buttons in a different order?

jangell
09-24-2004, 07:20 AM
I figured out the style of menu I want. For example, in a new panel, I chose > viewport settings, modeling commands. Everything is cool. I can I customize this menu by adding or deleting and/or moving the buttons in a different order?

Sure. It's just drag and drop re-arranging the controls in the Form Editor. You can also add new commands and delete existing ones tehre as well. To turn off the icons (Text Only mode) or change the layout (to Vertical Toolbar mode, say), edit the properties of the form containing the control.

-- Joe

lougandidas
09-24-2004, 09:35 AM
Thanks jangell. Got it going now.

lougandidas
09-24-2004, 01:44 PM
What's the difference between: info > info and statistics and info > element details ? Looks like the same function to me.

drkollossus
11-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Ok, I think I need some help with the Form Editor. I have a few questions about its functionality. I've been able to create several new forms and do some very robust customization but the way forms are saved is confusing me. First I have my own version at home and then we have a license at work as well, so I want to take my set up back and forth.

1.) In the forms editor there is a "Save form" option but there is no "Load form" What is the deal with that? How am I supposed to load a form? and if I can't load one why would I want to save one?

2.) Are forms stored in the config file? I brought my new setup from home, to work, and replaced the work config, and even though the form heading showed up in the right panel, none of the buttons were there nor was the form in the form editor (or even in the form list). It was like a ghost panel, I know that sounds crazy but I tried it several times.

3.) I think this is a bug. I am trying to create a style of "Popup Form" but I would like the "Popup Face" to be label, which looks good and seems to be exactly what I want, but when I close then reopen modo the label is gone and it just says "(none)."

Thanks for any help
Brad

Julez4001
12-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Does anyone have a Lightwave interface and key assignments?

putere
12-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Hi
I found a website "vertex monkey" and they have a Lightwave Interface (http://vertexmonkey.com/scripts_interface.php)
http://vertexmonkey.com/popups/pu_interface_LW.htm

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.