PDA

View Full Version : tool pipe assign preset

vuedesprit
09-22-2004, 03:39 AM
i'm willing to do some tolls preset now, to expend the tools list , the question is, when i combine some tools with each other in the tool pipe like :

-geometry snap
-action center selection
-action axis auto
-element falloff
-move

i want to make this combination as a command, and put it as button in the modo tools, what is the way to do it, this one will help a lot, thanks in advance.
and if we apply it as command and put it as button, can we shre it with others, so can we save it as a preset file maybe , or macro form?

jangell
09-22-2004, 08:58 AM
i want to make this combination as a command, and put it as button in the modo tools, what is the way to do it, this one will help a lot, thanks in advance.
and if we apply it as command and put it as button, can we shre it with others, so can we save it as a preset file maybe , or macro form?

In the tool pipe, right any of the tools in there, select Save Preset, and pick a unique name for this preset, which I'll just call "MyTool" for now.

To re-activate that tool combination, you simply have to enter this command:

tool.set MyTool on

Of course, typing commands into a command entry isn't the friendliest thing in the world. Instead, you can use the Form Editor to insert the control into a menu, pie, toolbar, etc. Simply open the Form Editor from the System menu, find the form you want to add the button to and unfold it. Right click the "(new control)" entry and select "Command", and enter the above tool.set command as the command.

Then just change the label for the control to "My Tool" or something more friendly, and you're set. It's not quite as nice as just dragging and dropping the tool preset right into an open form, but it gets the job done.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.