PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Old house

nahcnavi
09-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi, this is my new environment ,,,used XSI 4.0...and poly modelling...hope will hear some crits and will help me to improve ...Thank youhttp://www.vfs.com/~3d47ivan/oldhouse.jpg

Crusty_Butt
09-22-2004, 04:55 AM
Nice job. I like the wood in the windows and the way you handled the bricks on the coner of the house, the way they are spaced and shaped is really great.

I think the grass color is a bit too saturated. Try tweaking it in Photoshop by adjusting the color balance - (midtones) and add some red or magenta to the whole picture. I'm not sure it will look better but it couldn't hurt to try and see if you like it. I don't know if it's common to put some red in a light in an outdoor scene, but for me I like the way it mutes the greens a little.

The crumbling outer layer doesn't look so much like its crumbling in some places, the breaks are too clean. I would think the outer layer would wear thin around the broken edges in some places and would have lots of cracks.

A subtle variation in color from one brick to another would be nice.

nahcnavi
09-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Thank you for your critiques

swadepgh
09-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I agree with Crusty about the grass color. It might look better as a lighter more muted green or maybe even as browning, dying grass. Depending on the climate, I would guess that a dilapidated house like that would have either a completely overgrown yard full of weeds, or alternatively, a dried up brown lawn that is barely alive.

I think the corrugated metal on the roof could use some variation on the texture placement as well. The texture there looks a little bit repetitive right now.

Overall this is a nice image. Please post updates when you have them. I would like to see how this turns out. :)

Uzuiel
09-22-2004, 10:04 PM
I like it a lot :thumbsup:

other than the comments made about the grass..I'd add some rust and bends to the roof...maybe some tears and missing pieces..I'd also add evidence of rusty water run-off on the house itself in a few places..it'll give some more realism:bounce:

nahcnavi
09-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Thank you so much for the commands ...I will try to post the update Asap...thank you

Deathcricket
09-24-2004, 09:57 PM
One quick thing, the bricks popping through the corner of the house would be at right angles to each other. Not sure if i explained it right, but picture a brick house and what the corner would look. Hope that makes sense.

Your project is coming along very nicely, nice job. :thumbsup:

-Deathcricket-

hh_kiki
09-26-2004, 02:32 AM
the blades of grass seem too tall and thick, plus too green like crusty said.

rust would really help the roof, adding interest, color, and detail.

I think the plant on the left only distracts form the image, especially since it is a different green.

also what is that black stuff under the palm trees?

sundialsvc4
09-26-2004, 02:40 AM
The contrast is a bit high; the walls of the house, seriously overexposed. But otherwise, yeah, this picture works. It's believable, the camera angle is good, and the composition nice and tight. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.