PDA

View Full Version : adding alpha?

johnnynightlife
09-21-2004, 11:25 PM
i have this image that i need to add a simple alpha too, i have the matching alpha ( black and white ) but i need help on how to combine the both, so the color map has alpha.
thanx in advance

Elysian
09-22-2004, 12:05 AM
Ok, now in plain English; what is it really what you're trying to do since a normal RGB image already has a 3 channels.

Adding a texture channel in the lighting effect or maybe you're trying to replace one of the channels with something else? What?

halo
09-22-2004, 08:58 AM
goto to channels, add new channel, paste your black and white into the 4th channel...save

Elysian
09-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I think he can figure that out by himself, but what does he mean by

" i have the matching alpha ( black and white ) but i need help on how to combine the both, so the color map has alpha."

I would like to do what this dude is trying to do... :rolleyes:

johnnynightlife
09-22-2004, 09:13 PM
thanx halo, thats exactly what i wanted to do, and it worked:thumbsup:. And in plain english Elysian, sorry i didnt spell it out so a 2 year old could understand it, what is it with the attitude? Simple question, simple answer. Sorry I'm not as worldly as Your Highness

Elysian
09-22-2004, 09:51 PM
And how old does the name calling make you? :rolleyes:

johnnynightlife
09-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Maybe you should read a little more carefully Elysian, I didnt call you a name, I made a comparison to mke a point:)

berniebernie
09-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I think he can figure that out by himself, but what does he mean by

" i have the matching alpha ( black and white ) but i need help on how to combine the both, so the color map has alpha."

I would like to do what this dude is trying to do... :rolleyes:
that seems quite simple, going from a 3 channel image type format to a 4 channel one (such as PNGs) using alpha channel...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.