PDA

View Full Version : Does XSI Foundation come with "sketch and toon"

danieljoelle
09-21-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm a newb vascillating between buying XSI foundation, and the academic version of Cinema 4D v9 (it's the XL bundle, and I'm enrolled in eclectic academy's Intro to 3D).
I really want the Sketch and Toon plugin capability that C4D offers. The price of the academic version of C4D and Sketch and Toon would be about the same as XSI Foundation by itself.

So, does XSI foundation include that "sketch and toon" capability. ( I guess it's called non-photorealistic rendering...)

any other pros or cons in this decision? (I understand the financial implications of an academic license...I'm not even close to getting paid for this...just a student/hobbyist)

Thanks, Dan

Rabid pitbull
09-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Yes it is just a shader function, foundation has no limits on this. :)

ThirdEye
09-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I do believe Foundation includes Toon rendering, there are many differences between XSI's Toon shaders and Cinema's Sketch and Toon tho, S&T is claimed to be the most advanced non photorealistic renderer on the market. XSI is more advanced than C4D at Character Animation, so if you need to animate your characters and then render them using the Toon shaders XSI would be a better choice.

SheepFactory
09-21-2004, 08:26 PM
if you go and check out the videos at:

www.psyop.tv (http://www.psyop.tv)

you'll see that xsi toon shading kicks ass.

SevenString
09-21-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah, that FOX/Nascar spot rocks pretty hard. sweeeeet!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.