PDA

View Full Version : xsi crashing radeon 9000

adamdaly
09-21-2004, 02:49 PM
hi,
i've dl'ed the foundation 30 day trial, and i'm having a hell of a time with it. i cant use it for any length of time without it crashing. it just freezes up, and i have to switch the computer off manually. i've used exp without problems and i'm only using small models like maybe a 1000 polys. the computer puts it down to a problem with radeon 9000, but lightwave runs fine doesn't cause probs with the card any ideas about this,

thanks

adam daly

EdHarriss
09-21-2004, 03:02 PM
- It is a well documented fact that ATI cards don't work well with XSI (and a few other 3d apps.)
- Get the Radeon "FireGL patch" or try searching the forum, there are a few threads that may help you fix your problem.

erebos
09-22-2004, 12:59 AM
i had the exact same problem on my dell laptop with the radeon 9000. all i did was update to the latest drivers from the radeon website (not the dell one) and it worked fine from then on.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.