PDA

View Full Version : US of A's GIJ...

hanzo
09-21-2004, 06:48 AM
looks like I'm kicking up 2 projects at a time :twisted: lo...

Wip shot, of some work I'm doing for an HL@ mod, it's right under the tri limit, and I'm definitely going to do more tweaking and optimizing, any crits tips would be heavily appreciated..

modeled in Max 5

http://www.hanzo.kicks-ass.org/gameart/femalesoldier/GIJ.jpg

AndyH
09-21-2004, 07:22 AM
I dont normally comment on the scores of soldier models out there, but ill give yours a shot!
I like the mesh flow - especially around the thighs and face - good use of polys. I like his goggles, though they give him a slightly cartoonish look and dont really look realistic - more like biggles or kaneda or something... It could just be his large eyes and semi-smile.
I also think that if you have the polys to spare to give his helmet strap a thickness, then i think you could definately use more on the circumfrence of that bandana / band going around his helmet. Give it the same amount of sections as the helmet so that it matches its contours.
Keep it up!

madshooter
09-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Model looks good. What is the polycount?

Boxsmiley
09-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Looks, awesome...but i thought it looked like a female? Am i right or wrong here?

Dieblein
09-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Like Andy I do not like to comment on usual Hl2 - Counter Strike lookalikes but well your soldiers has some sort of character in it.
Excellent workflow. Though I dont quite get why you are working on sth what couldnt be any less innovativ.

Miguelito
09-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Nice model. Especially the helmet and googles. But as mentioned before it has a female touch...

DanGrover
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
It's called GI-Jane, i think it's meant to be a bit feminine :p

Looks sweet to me.

AdamAtomic
09-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Nice model. Especially the helmet and googles. But as mentioned before it has a female touch...
uh the model's name is GI Jane! I'm pretty sure its a chick you guys.

Excellent model, Hanzo! I think I'd agree with Andy H on most of the crits - the goggles are way stylish, but I'm not sure if they're sort of standard issue or not. Cool-looking regardless! Great poly flow on the face especially. Anatomy is very solid - only question i have is about the boots - the verts get very dense on the outside there, but I can't tell what's down there? some kind of fasteners or something? Awesome job!

Miguelito
09-21-2004, 04:43 PM
uh the model's name is GI Jane! I'm pretty sure its a chick you guys.

Excellent model, Hanzo! I think I'd agree with Andy H on most of the crits - the goggles are way stylish, but I'm not sure if they're sort of standard issue or not. Cool-looking regardless! Great poly flow on the face especially. Anatomy is very solid - only question i have is about the boots - the verts get very dense on the outside there, but I can't tell what's down there? some kind of fasteners or something? Awesome job!

ARGH
:banghead: . Next time I'll read what's on the image :D

hanzo
09-21-2004, 11:04 PM
:twisted: yeah this is a girl...

lil update on the legs and boots, I've re worked the lower model a bit, and took some faces out of the head..

The tri count is now 6538, back to work

Andy H: noted ;)

http://www.hanzo.kicks-ass.org/gameart/femalesoldier/GIJ2.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.