PDA

View Full Version : Config Files

Chaz
09-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Can anyone explain how config files work in modo? The user guide seems a little unclear about exporting configs for backdrop settings. I'm modeling using background images in my viewports and can't seem to save out a config file with my images in place. The manual mentions a RESRC directory in Windows, but I'm on a Mac and can't find that folder.

I can lay the images in place, but if I quit the program or open another model, the images are gone.

Thanks in advance!

xasteycracker
09-20-2004, 10:55 PM
i think this is the dir your talking about
C:\Documents and Settings\<login account>\Application Data\Luxology

there if found MODO.cfg

Chaz
09-21-2004, 12:17 AM
I don't think you read my post...

kursad_pileksuz
09-21-2004, 12:21 AM
try saving that particular viewport (you can do that through thumb+right click) , and recall it if you image disappears. i do not think that background images needs to be in certain folders, at least on pc

Pazur
09-21-2004, 07:10 AM
After setting image as a backdrop for viewport (I assume You have it done, it's pretty easy, just drag and drop image from any location directly on modo's viewport) You can Right click on viewport thumb (the dot in top left corner) and choose Save Viewport As to save this as a separate viewport preset.
But the solution that I recommend You more is to set up Your layout the way You want, with all backdrop images and save this layout with Layout/Save As.
Now anytime You want to get back to this project select Your layout and modo will bring the whole UI You set up back including backdrop images in viewports.

Chaz
09-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Ah thanks.....that is exactly what I was looking for!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.