PDA

View Full Version : Modo Videos. Where???

DrenaiNoi
09-20-2004, 08:58 PM
May Anybody tell me where and if its possible to find out some Modo videos apart from the short ones on the official Homepage? I would like to see something more about it and it seems really strange to me that such a new hyper pumped product doesn't really have an appropriate introductory videos setup supporting the market release.
Thanksssssssss

bradpeebler
09-20-2004, 09:04 PM
We are working on more videos and are interested to know what people would like to see. I'm surprised you think we are lacking on the video front. It seems to me we came out of the gates pretty strong in that regard.

More to come! Must pedal faster.

BP

Kvaalen
09-20-2004, 09:32 PM
such a new hyper pumped product doesn't really have an appropriate introductory videos setupI don't suppose you have bought it?
The instant help that was mentioned in another thread has videos for lots of the tools and functions (according to what I've been told and that thread). That sounds to me like what you want. :)

ThomasMahler
09-20-2004, 09:50 PM
We are working on more videos and are interested to know what people would like to see. I'm surprised you think we are lacking on the video front. It seems to me we came out of the gates pretty strong in that regard.

BP

How about someone actually modeling a whole character or something like that? Maybe a time-lapse? I mean, in a whole modeling session, we'd see a lot of Modos tools, we'd see what makes modo faster or better than other modelers out there.

I mean, I want to see all the basic and advanced features in Modo combined into an actual workflow - That'd be cool.

hairy_llama
09-20-2004, 10:06 PM
How about someone actually modeling a whole character or something like that? Maybe a time-lapse? I mean, in a whole modeling session, we'd see a lot of Modos tools, we'd see what makes modo faster or better than other modelers out there.

I mean, I want to see all the basic and advanced features in Modo combined into an actual workflow - That'd be cool.

You beat me to it. Thats axactly what I would love to see.

private
09-20-2004, 10:16 PM

BP
Information about your UV tools demonstrating that there isn't any stretching on subDs. Sorry for the broken record stuff. Simple stuff on how easy it is to set up background images and how fast it is, some simple scripting, some examples of making custom tools that speed up workflow.

Montty_cg
09-24-2004, 03:20 PM
@bradpeebler
I have read somewhere on this forum that the product is shipped with a DVD and from your comment above, it seems that there is definitively quite a few exciting material lurking around...:thumbsup:
Then, until a demo lands on our shores why not make these available?
( i.e. for a reasonable fee thru the online store for the complete lot, and/or for free as relevant streamed excerpts on the web site.)

The info available on the site are also very scarce, very little pictures not even afaik a full feature list :cry:

I am convinced that there is tones of people which like me are highly interested in Modo but can't logicaly comit (it is not refundable) until they have a better understanding of what the product has to offer and how it can be integrated easily into their own pipelines.
In my case, I am a MAX user since V1 and I am looking into more adequate solution's to fit my company's production requirements.

Cheers!!

ray-f
09-24-2004, 05:13 PM
yeah, somekind of video, showing the whole modelling process from the scratch would be great indeed... So, that way we can see what makes Modo unique :) (from Silo or XSI)

JeePee
09-24-2004, 05:44 PM
i prefer the tools demonstrated in detail on primitives , i think it's more efficient that way
for learning because you see more of modo in a shorter amount of time. timelapses show alot of repetive actions but it still would be cool to see one for a workflow example like mentioned

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.