PDA

View Full Version : Cant download modo !!!

juanjgon
09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi ...

Anybody has a problem like me?. I try download MODO three times after succesfull purchase it, but file "modo_Win32.exe" has less size that download windows say, and it cant be executed.

I am going to try more times, but i have no idea about whats the problem.

My Fault
09-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Are you using IE or Firefox to download? Firefox often messes up my downloads so if it is something important I always use IE to download.

Not sure if that is your issue but figured I would mention it just in case.

juanjgon
09-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Nope ... i am ussing IE 5 in windows 2000 sp4 computer. I am trying now one more time ... i hope i can run it this time ....

Dion Burgoyne
09-20-2004, 05:35 PM
If you continue to have problems let us know at cs@luxology.com

juanjgon
09-20-2004, 05:55 PM
If you continue to have problems let us know at cs@luxology.com

Hi Dion ... I just write it ... this is a strange issue, download stop without complete it, in this last try with 34.7 Mb, and main title of dowload window has a series of strange charateres, not real file name ... i hope i have not a virus or something like that ....

juanjgon
09-20-2004, 06:00 PM
This is the download image i get ... note filename !!!

minus23
09-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I would attempt a download with the firefox browser. I also recommend an uninstall of IE but that is off topic. ;) I get problems like this everynow and then with I.E.... I've also had no problems with I.E in the past so it could be something in my OS... but either way... Firefox was the easy fix.

jlinhart
09-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Juan,

Let me know the exact IE browser version that you are using and I'll see if I can track down the problem. The downloads were tested on just about every browser & version combo that we could come up with. If I can't fix it quickly I'll find another method to get the software to you as soon as possible. You can contact me directly through email if you'd like, just put jason in front of our main domain.

.jason
www.luxology.com

jlinhart
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
This is the download image i get ... note filename !!!
I haven't tracked down the exact problem, but I can cause this to happen on a win2k server system with IE. I hate to suggest a workaround like this but it was able to download through firefox on the same system. If you're not willing to install another browser then I can understand and will work with you to find another solution.

.jason
www.luxology.com

juanjgon
09-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Thank you Jason ... i am now trying to dowload ussing Firefox brouser ... i am not surprise about any problem with IE browser (version 5.00) ... this is not first time ... :-(

If firefox cant download it, i tell you to search a solution.

Thank you for your fast support :-)

Paul-Angelo
09-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Just a question. Why not upgrade to version 6 of IE. That probably would fix your download problem. I have had problems with certain websites just the other day when I had to reformat my hard drive. I did a fresh install of windows 2000 and it comes with IE 5. So I did the windows update and it installed version 6 and no more problems.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.