PDA

View Full Version : problem of symmetry with bones in XSI

laglue
09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone,

I am now trying to make a symmetry of my skeleton, but I met problems. I used Skeleton/duplicate symmetry, but it is not perfect because of the wrong orientation of the rotation and position axis, so I used scale-1 and rotations in the neutral pose tab to get the right orientations of my axis. It works, but I have scale-1 and rotations on my neutral pose, and I don't like that.
I created a "rig from biped guide", and the bones orientations are perfect without any scale-1 on them. If anyone knows how to do, it would be really nice!!

Thanks in advance.
Pascal

ssalo
09-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi!

My trial ran out so I can't test this but have you tried 'freeze transform'(?) from Transform(?) -menu. It sets all transforms to 0 or to 1.

laglue
09-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi

If you do a freeze transform on a null, a root or a bone, it doesn't work because of their own nature. It works with polygonal for instance, but not on this kind of object.

cheers
Pascal

SheepFactory
09-20-2004, 04:51 PM
I am not sure if I understood correctly , but you duplicate your bones , than select all of them and do another skeleton > set neutral pose.

Works fine here and all my bones are nicely zeroed out.

laglue
09-21-2004, 08:36 AM
No, what I did is a duplicate symmetry of my chain in branch mode by selecting the null root. But then, I want to have a symmetry in the behaviour of my bones for rotations.
But I find a solution by making negative scales on the root on the 3 axis and a 180 rotation on the Y axis if my memorie is good. It is not perfect because I still have negative scales, but the bones that supports the skin don't have negative scales, so....

Pascal

_anton_
09-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Hi pascal, hummm if you have this kind of rotation, prepare yourself for problem ( like animators strikes on you with axes and guns, tank and mass destruction weapons..... maybe just angry .....) Check the doc for neutral pos, sheep factory was right.

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.