PDA

View Full Version : Selling your licence.

private
09-20-2004, 02:43 AM
Are you able to sell your licence if you are not happy with it? With Lightwave, you could do that. Is that the same with modo? Or is it non transferable?

CB_3D
09-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Are you able to sell your licence if you are not happy with it? With Lightwave, you could do that. Is that the same with modo? Or is it non transferable?
How could it not be? Non transferrable licences only can work with the weird registration shemes like Max or Maya have.

private
09-20-2004, 03:03 AM
How could it not be? Non transferrable licences only can work with the weird registration shemes like Max or Maya have.
This is one of the questions I have before can consider making a purchase, along with a few other questions. I would like to hear it from the horse's mouth. Lightwave has an excellent policy, in that aspect. I would like to hear if Luxology's policy is similar.

CB_3D
09-20-2004, 03:13 AM
Brad Peebler

"In the interest of credit where credit is due, much of our current policy about trusting the users in regards to our license scheme comes from Allen Hastings. Allen was adamant that whatever software protection we use it must not cause grief for the legitimate customer. We built a large graph of the potential solutions and in every case possible erred on the side of trusting people to do the right thing at the expense of more rigid control."

In other words, the software is not tied to a mashine or dongle. So transferring shpuldn´t be a problem. Brad also stated that the software can be installed on a mashine of your choice, be it Mac or Pc. I assume that means fully transferrable, too.

ButYou peobably mean another thing, if a transferred user can still buy updates?! Sorry if i didn´t understand right away. I´d like to know that, too.

CB_3D
09-20-2004, 03:15 AM
Here´s the link to the thread i took the quote from, btw.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1584930#post1584930

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.