PDA

View Full Version : Stroke deafult is red?

Jezait
09-20-2004, 02:34 AM
How come every time I add blending options, the deafult stroke color is red, I mean, isn't black a better choice?

Anyway, enough ranting, is there a way to change this deafult?

Cheers

Jockomo
09-20-2004, 06:56 AM
It's probably red so it will be obvious if you accidently turned it on. If you were working with a black background, you could accidently have it on and not notice it, which could cause some undesired effects in certian situations.

Missie
09-20-2004, 07:09 AM
Why is the red default bothering for you? Basically, it's ok cause is easily discernible and you can change it every time you want...

Elysian
09-20-2004, 06:45 PM
How come every time I add blending options, the deafult stroke color is red, I meanEverytime when you add blending options? What has blending options to do with stroke?

Jezait
09-21-2004, 12:17 AM
I'm not really bothered, I just thought I'd see if it could be changed to black, which is the main color i use for stroke. Thanks anaway. :)

Everytime when you add blending options? What has blending options to do with stroke?
Yeah, ur right. I just call it that because that's how i get to the stroke options. ie 'right click the layer => blending options..'

Velk
09-21-2004, 03:48 AM
Ok here's how you do it:
1. Open up whatever file you want, or make a new one
2. Make a shape
3. Goto the Layer Styles and choose Stroke
4. Make the stroke black and whatever width that you normally use
5. Click on New Style right under Cancel
6. Name your new style (i.e. Black Stroke)
7. make a new shape
8. Open up the layer styles and choose Styles from the very top (Above Blending Options: Default) and click on the new style, it should be the last one in the box (grey square with a black boarder).

Volia!!! You now have a style that will always give you a black stroke around whatever object you apply it too. Remember this is a saved style so you can add bevel and emboss or change the fill opacity and every time you aply it it will have the correct settings.

Hope this helps

Tobias

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.