PDA

View Full Version : $695 Now: Future Upgrade Price policy?

richcz3
09-20-2004, 02:03 AM
What is the Upgrade policy?

Are we getting updates for the price like LW or will there be a paid .5 release.

AND

What is a reasonable upgrade price one should expect per version.

I am on the fence right now as I am distilling the pros/cons comments on the feature set. I am a Lightwave user, so I get the $595 :thumbsup: which is cool, but what are we looking at for paid upgrades. That's one thing I have to contemplate as I have a tools library that will start taxing my expendatures year in year out for tool update/upgrades.

richcz3

Nando
09-20-2004, 04:22 AM
richcz3,

I dont know of any 3D software company that road maps a pricing structure for products in development. So I dont it if you will ever get a straight answer...
Its kinda tough telling the future ;)
But, currently there is a good discount deal for LW users, and Brad (Pres-Lux.) has been on the forum helping folks out, so that should say something about commitment, and support.
Of the software aplications that I have purchased i have never ever been contacted by the president of the company on a forum except for splutterfish Brazill folks.

So not only are you purchasing a great app, but you get free support.
how sweet is that..

;)

webshot
09-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Sorry to hijack...but....

I have been looking through the posts and I have not found the answer to this yet. Hopefully I did not look over it. But is there an educational discount? How about educational and if you own LW?

**EDIT**
N/M I see it on their site that they do not offer educational discounts as of yet and to contact them for more info. DOnt know how I missed that

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.