PDA

View Full Version : Workflow(s)

cremegg
09-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Since a demo of modo appears to be some way off can anyone clarify if modo could be used for 'detail out' modeling, similar to LightWave? For example building a simple open or closed polgygon chain and then extending new polygons from this initial chain.

I'm being a little to cautious because I work much better with the 'detail out' approach to modeling, I'd go as far as to say I just can't do box modeling (sculpting).

I thought I'd get a quicker reply from the new modo users than emailing luxology direct ;)

pensart
09-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Its mutch mutch better!!!
Believe me.

Dion Burgoyne
09-20-2004, 01:18 AM
Sure... no problem :) I just have to figure out the best way of posting a video here....

Quick AVI of detail out style modeling <.zip'd 1.5 megs> (http://www.afilmdream.com/modo/quick_detailout.zip)

So this is my personal website, we only have one webmaster at Luxology so I don't want to try to take away from his work, but if the bandwidth gets too high, I'll have to take it down :(

SheepFactory
09-20-2004, 02:04 AM
that seems very nice Dion.

Are there tools to quickly merge the edges between patches? or do you need to select vertex's one by one and do it two vertex at a time?

Dion Burgoyne
09-20-2004, 02:13 AM
The video is in real time, so all of the new polys are being created with a simple mouse click.. But when you need to fill in the holes, you can easily double click on an edge to select the loop of the edge, then hit "p" to create an N-Gon there, then you can add/remove edges however you like

cremegg
09-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Huge thanks for the video Dion

As sheep said, looks very nice indeed :)

All fears relieved, time to buy modo.

Tremor
09-20-2004, 09:55 PM
hmmm..... doesnt seem to work for me...which codec is it?

Dion Burgoyne
09-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Hmm... it's MS-Camm directly from Snagit the camtasia default capture codec... I'll try to find the codec on the web for you...

::

OK, try this link... the free codec is at the bottom... should work...

http://www.techsmith.com/download/ensharpendefault.asp?lid=DownloadEnSharpen

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.