PDA

View Full Version : modo and xsi

SpecialFX
09-19-2004, 06:38 PM
how does modo works with xsi? i have used 3dsmax and i feel that it is easier to model with max than xsi. but i can be wrong since i am new to xsi. modo looks good but how will it work with xsi? thanks.

Griffon
09-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Currently through OBJ, but that may change in the future.

jamination
09-19-2004, 07:43 PM
would there be a benefit to the dot.xsi format. since these are just models and no animation would .obj give you equal results?

phil harbath

JDex
09-19-2004, 08:31 PM
I believe .xsi would allow transfer of the shape animations under one file (correct me if I am wrong)...

I think that .emdl I/O of Modo would be pretty nice, but wonder what, if any advantages that would offer.

yog
09-19-2004, 09:09 PM
I see Kaydara is listed as one of Luxologys partners. So hopefully the next release of the FBX forpat will have a Modo plug-in, which if the LW-XSI FBX transfer is anything to go by would give us morph to shape transfer.

j3st3r
09-19-2004, 09:15 PM
I was really trained LW modeller, and I must say in XSI everything is easier than to MAX. But I do not know modo. Is there any demo of modo? Domo arigato

JDex
09-19-2004, 09:39 PM
I was really trained LW modeller, and I must say in XSI everything is easier than to MAX. But I do not know modo. Is there any demo of modo? Domo arigato
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=170811

One thing that you have to remember, is that this is version 1.0 . Although a demo version would be nice, it does require a considerable amount of reprogramming that would take away from modo's initial release. We have several features that are being upgraded and implemented at the moment, including our fully open and fully documented SDK. But until Luxology has a chance to grow and breathe :) we're not going to be able to make a demo. modo has already been used by hundreds of beta testers, and more than a dozen studios, I think that their opinions hold water of the product. As far as the demo goes, we're always going to do what we can when we can :D.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.