PDA

View Full Version : moving points with different axe value

Dillinger751
09-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi all, i have one question - here it comes:

Question1: I have a grid, then i moved the outer points(from one edge side) to different y-axe values.
What is the command to set them (points)all to the same y-axe value?

When i put in -5 every point is moved for itself for -5 units, but i want to set every point to the coordinate system value -5 !!

I hope you understand my poor english, and have some tips for me and my problem.

so on Dillinger

Nocturn
09-19-2004, 03:42 AM
Select all points you want to have the same y value, type 0 for y value in the scale box. All points will now be at 0. Next type in -5 for y value in the transform box and all points will be at -5 in y.

JDex
09-19-2004, 03:47 AM
Yep...

If you don't have the actual coordinate (and do not want to deselct your tagged points to check)... use a temp pivot point when translating and snap to a reference point with the appropriate axis...

Ablefish
09-19-2004, 09:43 PM
You're probably looking for Transform->Collapse Points for Absolute Snapping/Translation. When that's enabled, all the points will move to the amount you specify. Otherwise, the selection's COG (center of geometry) is moved to that point.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.