PDA

View Full Version : Gizmo Transformation Tool Nostalgia from Max

Vanov
09-18-2004, 07:05 PM
I have recently switched to XSI from Max and I really enjoy it, the only thing which i really find irritating is the confined transformation of XSI: LMB move X, MMB move Y... in Max there was this sweet Gizmo where all you had to do is move your mouse cursor over the arrow/axis and it would highlight so you could easily move it into the specified direction.

I presume it is a question of getting used to but...

Anyway, my Question: Is there a Plugin / Function that can make me do that in XSI ?

Thanks in advance,
vanov

bravmm
09-18-2004, 09:28 PM
No, there's no plugin, yes there's the manual, and yes there's a function ;)
In v.3.5+ there's "enable transform manipulators" in the transform panel.
This will do the Max/Maya thingy when moving about your stuff.

Hope this helps.

rob

edit: If you got to Transform>Tools options.. there's plenty of settings to suit your needs for working with the gizmo thingy when you'tr not selecting it but working on an object. Just try and see what each option does.

JDex
09-18-2004, 09:43 PM
In XSI 3.5 & 4.0...

LMB click on the Transform Panel Title... from the menu "enable manipulators"... there are other options (4.0 for sure) in Application>Preferences>Tools>Transform that affect the way the manipulators function.

Vanov
09-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.