PDA

View Full Version : Combining Commands

ChristianFischer
09-18-2004, 04:56 PM
hi.

lets say if i press "m" i want the "element move"-tool to be activated with different attributes activated (mode = manual) ... how can i achieve this?

also i need a script that executes the extrude tool with an "extent" of 0

so is there a simple way of combining function without programming it?

regards chris

edit: uhhh i forgot about the makro recording function http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

i think i should try that :P

Pazur
09-18-2004, 08:13 PM
I belive tool presets will be easier to use. They allow for very easy tool customisation.
Simply set Your tool the way You want, for example choose manual mode for element move. Then go to toolpipe (should be on the right side of default layout).
Right click on anything under Tool column in toolpipe and choose save preset from the menu.
The tool is saved. Now go to any other tool and then switch back to the preset by right clicking under Preset column in toolpipe and choosing Your preset.
Expand the command field at the bottom until it becomes command history panel.
Under undos tab You should see Your history, last, or one of last commands should be "Tool Restore Preset" which is what reapplies Your preset.
Right click on this command and choose "map to a key" from menu. You're done :) Fast and easy.

ChristianFischer
09-18-2004, 09:22 PM
thanks pazur ... this is probably the more elegant way :)

Pazur
09-18-2004, 09:26 PM
vertex tab/join

a tip: join pops up requester, if You're not going to use average option too often (I don't) You can go to command history after joining verts and You will see this command:
vert.join [0]
bind this to key and You will never have to go through requester again :)
of course, the same could be done with average option on. in this case the command will be:
vert.join [1] [0]

ChristianFischer
09-18-2004, 09:29 PM
nice :)

modo looks really nice so far ... maybe a tool for fixing symmetry would be nice, but i guess this will come sooner or later :))

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.