PDA

View Full Version : alien

celmar
09-18-2004, 12:06 PM
..done with the beta version of z2, modelled and textured in about two hours... more time on the render, with a lot of rays!...

MrLearner
09-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Looks good, as usual :)

And I have a question for you. I've noticed that you've been doing a few scenes all Z, how do you go about putting your scenes together? I find it really hard to get the positioning right...

Is there a easy, no fuzz, painless way?

celmar
09-19-2004, 09:19 AM
thank you, M Learner!... to get a whole, even complicated scene in zbrush is very simple, but can be "tricky": in fact, open a lot of layers, (currently 8 or 10), and snapshot elements at the right place, changing of layers each time... simple; what is tricky is to have first a precise idea of the picture you wish: at the end, in z brush, there is no camera; you have to create the scene the way you want it; just an example: on "alien", I had the head, and another "tool", the body; I create 2 layers, get the head in the good position, snapshot, change of layer, get the body on it, snapshot, etc...(with the hands, and other parts); if I 'm not happy with the body, or the right hand, I delete the layer, keeping all the other layers of course; I merge only when I'm sure... working on layers in zbrush is as necessary than for example in photoshop!...

flingster
09-19-2004, 03:28 PM
i really like the adventurous use of material type and colours for his/her clothing in this piece not something you see very often in a lot of work...reminds me of brom kinda work in subject matter/look i guess but different which is also good to see.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.