PDA

View Full Version : mechanic horse

celmar
09-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Hello! there was just a guy who said that there was not enough finished picture on the z forum... maybe he was slightly "hard", but effectively I'm going to post some pictures, whole zbrush, just for "visitors"... after all, a forum is alive with technical questions and finished pictures, too...

plaguelord
09-18-2004, 09:14 PM
The horse looks very nice!, maybe more quality on the pictures, looks very compresed?

about the post, I agree with Opus, you shoud post this on the finished gallery forum, Im a max user and we use the application forum for technical questions,and sharing experience only.

celmar
09-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Thank you Plague lord... but I'm surprised... I think non englishspeaking have a lot of problems, here.... if I understood well Opus, he was hurted by the fact that there was a lot of WIP, and not any finished pictures?... or I miss something?... so I post finished pictures by zbrush... I have definitively to find a dictionary!...

plaguelord
09-19-2004, 05:55 AM
I guess the point is not about what Opus say, is just about the good comments or critiques you can get on finished works forum, and here. You can get a lot of more views, and from people who wants to see finished work, not only zbrush works.

aminuts
09-19-2004, 07:11 AM
No offense Plaguelord....but this is a zbrush forum and the gallery and forum should reflect that......now that's not to say that works...wips or finished that included zbrush in the making of...shouldn't be included........but it is a Zbrush forum.....and it is on CGtalk.......where.....any manner of 3d app is represented.....and surely wips and finished stuffed is posted across platforms.....that's fantastic!! It only means we all learn some cool stuff!

Marcel.....I like this pic....for some reason it disturbs me....but I think its more the setting than the mechanical horse itself......perhaps a freakshow grocery store setting would be more fitting....specially given some of your past characters....I can see a fractered Saturday Evening Post kinda picture with this horse and your imagination.

I am not sure if grocery store is translateable.....I mean a food store....here in america most big food stores have mechanical horses the kids can ride....geez I thinks it's 50 cents now...when I was a kid it was a penny but that's neither here nor there.

I love how you put things together...even if they disturb me.....it makes me itch and scratch and think a bit ...and then I wish my mind saw it first......kudos to your orginality!!

celmar
09-19-2004, 07:31 AM
thank you... Aminuts, in my mind it was a sort of very old and rusty agricultural tool, that horse, and he is in front of an old barn door... of course, it is mainly, on the technical side, when I began to translate in nurbs, allowing the z modellisation to be "shelled" like the "arms" of the horse... once again, 90 as a limit when posting is very low, and a picture like that one, wher I add noise in post work, to get a look "older" as picture, is very "attacked" by such a low definition!... anyway!...

flingster
09-19-2004, 02:31 PM
wierd and wonderful at the same time...reminds me of sleepy hollow in a way...nice use of lighting and materials..good work as always bud...:thumbsup:

Kanga
09-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Im not sure what to think,......

Youre churning out lots of work at the moment.
All the textures and lighting are looking nice but I find the composition alot less powerfull than what I am used to seeing from you,.... like you are throwing stuff together.

Take it easy,.... I dont want you to burn out!

celmar
09-23-2004, 12:09 PM
ah maybe... i'm not shoiwing a lot of pictures, you see, just here different sort of pictures, because a guy, opus, complained he did'nt see finished works... that picture has in my mind 2 reasons: one technical, as it is one of zbrush modelling, translated in nurbs patch and reworked in rhino... as you'll find when working in zbrush, one of the main problem in using it is to modify the modelled forms: here for example to shell the legs of the horse, and have them like "industrial "parts... so I was thinking that it was an ijnteresting point... for the composition, well,mmm, it's simply in my mind a clone of the classic photo of the winner of the race, or of the sort of "quarter horse" or "angl arabian", or so on, a very classical way of photographing horse, or painting them in hypperrealist paintings... we are always working in an viusual environnement, you see... but anyway, it's all a matter of personal feeling,of course, the main point here, in a tecnical forum, being the possibility of work on z forms by the nurbs tools, which are extremely powerfuls!...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.